PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Campsite Guide

David L
9th July 2007, 06:24 PM
Last year when we did our trip up north we were made aware of this great book for the budget concious traveller
"Camp Sites Australia Wide". One of the good things is that they put updates on their web site so you can print out those for the state required.

http://www.campsaustraliawide.com/index.php

It has extensive listing of cheap camp sites from road side to cheap caravan parks. Don't expect to many stars, they are basically places to stop with basic facillaties.
I guess the main thing is that they be clean.

The bloke that told us about it came from WA and said they could not have travelled so long if they had to pay CP fees every night. When they use roadside camps they pull up about 4pm then when others see them they are encouraged to pull up also thus they are not alone.

It is probably not everyone's cup of tea but I thought I would put it up for those who might be interested.

fred.n
11th July 2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks Dave, Iv'e added that to the favorites.

ernknot
2nd August 2007, 09:23 AM
Yes, thanks Dave, that will come in handy. I am in the process of buying a campervan and need to know dump sites etc.

ernknot
9th August 2007, 06:17 PM
Got the book today, very good detail and information.

farmer
1st January 2008, 01:02 PM
Hey this looks like a great book. I will keep an eye out for it and save the website in my favourites. Thanks