PDA

View Full Version : Post-funeral surprise

arose62
11th July 2007, 11:27 AM
Having just farewelled my godmother (who spent 20 years as a missionary nurse in Tanganyika), we returned home to find "FOR SALE" signs installed at the front of our house.

Now, as far as we know, we aren't selling :oo:

The wife rang and complained, got an apology.

I rang to enquire about the price on our house, and was told that the real estate agent had "absolutely no idea how the signs got there, the house wasn't for sale" and (this is the b*ll sh*t that floored me) "he believed that some young vandals had got the signs from somewhere, and put them in front of the house"

Just what grade of moron does the RE think the general public is???
Or why doesn't he hire these "young vandals", 'cause they did a pretty workmanlike job of installing the posts, and screwing the signs on!

For those who live on the Central Coast, there's one agent I don't think it would be 'Berry Wise' to go with...

Cheers,
Andrew

jmk89
11th July 2007, 11:33 AM
If the signs are being taken out and moved, I don't thinnk it's vandals - that's the sort of thing that needs university education (like gnome theft)

Wongo
11th July 2007, 11:35 AM
They didn’t do it and they apologised. Gotta love that.

silentC
11th July 2007, 11:36 AM
I don't know about that RE but I know that the ones dwon here use a local contractor to put up the signs. He drives around in a van with a map and they tell him which houses to erect the signs at. He put the sign up in front of our place and managed to put one of the posts through the phone line and cut off half the town.

I'd say a mistake has been made but rather than admit it, he has concocted that cock and bull story.

Tonyz
11th July 2007, 12:10 PM
Did the sign match your house? ie spacious bedrooms, large lounge, HUGE workshop:oo: was it giving credit to your place:D

arose62
11th July 2007, 12:30 PM
They were just generic "For Sale" signs.

But, one of the posts was an interesting reddish-colour.

The panels are just inside the garage door, ready for collection. But the posts are further inside, so they'll have to ask for them specifically.

The interesting post is hidden, pending further investigation on the lathe:D

I wonder if my wife is relating this mistake to her hundreds of local customers as she does her Avon rounds :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Andrew

echnidna
11th July 2007, 12:46 PM
could be a prank on you
or the agent

fred.n
11th July 2007, 03:25 PM
charge them signage for every day they were there :D

Sturdee
11th July 2007, 05:07 PM
I've had a different but similar problem with agents signs.

I live on a corner block and regularly got approached by agents who want to put a pointer sign on the corner.

When they come and ask I say yes provided you pay me rental at $25 a month with 3 month in advance and no refund for early sale. Just like they do for their own clients when you want to rent anything from them.

Twice I got paid and had a sign up on the corner, but when they put it up without my permission I take the sign to the council and make a formal complaint.

After 4 times taking a sign to the council I don't have any more problems about pointer signs.:D I think the agents in my area have learned.

Peter.

fred.n
11th July 2007, 07:48 PM
I've had a different but similar problem with agents signs.

I live on a corner block and regularly got approached by agents who want to put a pointer sign on the corner.

When they come and ask I say yes provided you pay me rental at $25 a month with 3 month in advance and no refund for early sale. Just like they do for their own clients when you want to rent anything from them.

Twice I got paid and had a sign up on the corner, but when they put it up without my permission I take the sign to the council and make a formal complaint.

After 4 times taking a sign to the council I don't have any more problems about pointer signs.:D I think the agents in my area have learned.

Peter.

Nice one :D :D :D :2tsup:

journeyman Mick
11th July 2007, 10:26 PM
If the signs are being taken out and moved, I don't thinnk it's vandals - that's the sort of thing that needs university education (like gnome theft)

I dunno about that, we managed gnome theft before graduating from high school. :B :o

Mick (the naughty boy)

ozwinner
11th July 2007, 10:39 PM

Peter.

Hey Peter, maybe they are all selling up because of the cranky old bugger on the corner? :roll:

Al :D:D

AlexS
11th July 2007, 11:05 PM
Could well be young hoons. When I was a YH, we collected LJ Hooker sighns from all round and put them on the school.

Groggy
11th July 2007, 11:13 PM
More likely the competition trying to pizz you off so you DON'T go with them, looks like a successful ploy...:wink:

Honorary Bloke
12th July 2007, 01:06 AM
Now, as far as we know, we aren't selling :oo:

Perhaps your neighbours had them put up hoping you'd take the hint. :rolleyes: :D

Wongo
12th July 2007, 10:03 AM
:question:

Whoever did it is a bastard.
All real estate agents are bastards.

So the real estate agent did it.:D

Honorary Bloke
12th July 2007, 10:39 AM
:question:

Whoever did it is a bastard.
All real estate agents are bastards.

So the real estate agent did it.:D

Thank you, Wongo. But I didn't do it. :D :D I AM a bastard, but I didn't do it. :rolleyes:

Bob38S
12th July 2007, 01:11 PM
Seems they are still at it.

My Dad passed away in November 1973, the funeral notice appeared in the paper, that very afternoon [even before the actual funeral] the Real Estate agents started ringing - I won't repeat my impolite replies - when the house, which unfortunately went under for 3 days in the Jan '74 floods was finally sold in 1975, those who rang were not used but were reminded of their behaviour.