PDA

View Full Version : New Member/New Shed

johnm64
12th July 2007, 01:21 AM
Big hello to all on the site , Ive been nosing around the site for months and have
read some really great info.:cool:
Myself and SWMBO along with our five boys have decided to move so while the house is being built we had to have somewhere to sleep on weekends and obviously FINALLY
I get a decent shed.:2tsup:
Shed is 7.5m x 12m x 3m walls.ex SHEDCO great plans :no:
First pic is of the basic frame , it took about 8 weekends as i have been recovering from back surgery.
The next few pics show the stages of cladding , finishing with my rather large frame 3.9m
up standing on 64mm tophats screwing down roofsheets.:o
The wahoo the shed has a floor.

johnm64:)

Amb
12th July 2007, 02:05 AM
Hi johnm64, you're doing almost exactly the same as me. Mine's 7x12m, piers are poured, am just starting to work on the frame. I'm interested in the pic where you're pouring the slab. Is that you doing it yourself, much experience? how are you leveling your screed against the wall cladding. Looks like your not going to try to pour the whole slab in one go.

Waldo
12th July 2007, 11:53 AM
G'day Johnm64,

First up, welcome my son, wlecome to the machine. :2tsup:

Now that your shed is underway don't forget to come back and post us some shed pawn and machinery inside it for us to perve at. :2tsup:

Then if you don't have one, you've gotta build a bench, then ask about the pros and cons of a thicknesser first or jointer, the list goes on and on and on...

johnm64
12th July 2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome people , the shed floor was all done on the one day by one of my mates and his offsider.I set the floor level with a luftkin level bought from bunnings.I marked all 8 columns and along the wall cladding, my mate set height pegs in the middle of the floor and they screed by eye.:2tsup:
One the best investments ever made as it will come handy for fences , retaining walls,gazebo, as well as the mandatory chookpen.:rolleyes:
We are on 2.5 acres of bush block. The stubby holder is actually the cover for the camera.
I have been driving up to the new place every day after work and am slowly getting it together on the inside.

Johnm64:)

Harry72
12th July 2007, 09:54 PM
Ah the first stages of a workshop...

Jedo_03
12th July 2007, 10:28 PM
Now, THAT'S a shed... ey...
compared to my Tardis
Jedo

les88
13th July 2007, 09:05 AM
I like the pot belly stove keeps you warm and hides mistakes.
les

rod1949
13th July 2007, 11:27 AM
I think that shed has been built in the wrong place... isn't it meant to be in my backyard?

johnm64
13th July 2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks again for the comments people, there is no mistakes only deliberate bits of fire wood :;:q
As far as the wrong delivery address for the shed , the delivery driver said he couldn't read your mud map.:no:

I,ll have more pics soon .

Dickiejim
15th July 2007, 11:37 AM
Hi John

Great Project, Sheds for accommodation whilst your building your house are great, because you will need to put in all those extra comforts that will be great later, like plumbing etc, and maybe you should insulate and line it while your at it.:;

Come to think of it, I didn't see any sleeping accommodation in the photos.

Good luck with the new lifestyle, wow five boys, thats a great team and you will all be able to be involved in the development. Your wife must be a trooper

munruben
15th July 2007, 02:30 PM
Nice shed for sure. How come you opted to lay the concrete after the shed was constructed, isn't it more difficult that way.?

Tankstand
15th July 2007, 06:42 PM
How come you opted to lay the concrete after the shed was constructed, isn't it more difficult that way.?

Only when you start at the door and float your way into a corner!:D :oo:

Looks like that's what they are doing!

K_S
15th July 2007, 10:00 PM
Hi johnm64 and welcome to the forum

A lot of us would love a shed/workshop that big. Hope you get to use it as such.

Keith S

johnm64
16th July 2007, 12:29 AM
Nice shed for sure. How come you opted to lay the concrete after the shed was constructed, isn't it more difficult that way.?

Shed is rated because we are on the top of a hill, all eight columns have 500mm x 500mm x 300mmdeep footings ,
then shed floor is poured and re enforced with mesh as well as the slab being
100mm thick.:2tsup:needs 100mm slab to take the weight of Trevor my big boys toy.
I had no choice but to build it this way according to builders regs.:(
I didn't find it too hard as purchased a lufkin level which came with tripod and staff etc..
This is the first time I have attempted a shed like this and with what Ive learned from this one , it will make the 3.5m x 12m extension for the left hand side easier.:roll: I hope.
I will try and find a pic to show our view from the hill.
Shed is slowly being lined with internal doors scavenged from roadside rubbish.
Re cycling is so much less expensive than having to pay for it.:D
We all kip in the shed usually every weekend as traveling to and fro is Pita.
Another 2 months and hopefully the builders will be finished on the house.:cool:

mnorman007
17th July 2007, 05:08 PM
My folks lived in a shed when I was a kid, 3 boys and 1 girl while house was being built. We still tell stories of it (plus was a great way to get dunny etc. run into the shed).
Love the tractor and the view. Keep the pics comin...