PDA

View Full Version : Interesting occurence

craigb
12th July 2007, 09:25 PM
I've been running a piece of freeware on my PC for a while now called CCleaner (crap cleaner) which basically cleans up all the crap that gets downloaded to your PC when you surf the web.

I run it periodically to get rid of the cookies and rubbish.

Anyway, tonight when I went to run it Sophos antivirus decided that it's now malware and quarantined it. :?

Looks like I'll have to find another cleaner program.

Heres what Sophos says about the Mal/VB-k malware.

q9
12th July 2007, 11:14 PM
I find it interesting that so many people will put faith in a program if it claims to clean "spyware" without really knowing what it does.

robyn2839
12th July 2007, 11:15 PM
try privacy guardian its a free program with no hassles or expiry reminders .bob

craigb
13th July 2007, 10:03 AM
try privacy guardian its a free program with no hassles or expiry reminders .bob

Thanks. I had a look at the reviews and I think I'll give it a go (provided Sophos lets me :wink: ).

bitingmidge
13th July 2007, 10:14 AM
I find it interesting that so many people will put faith in a program... (snip)...without really knowing what it does.

You mean like Windows?

P
:D :D :D

craigb
13th July 2007, 10:36 AM
You mean like Windows?

P
:D :D :D

Persactly!
:D

Chris Parks
18th July 2007, 02:02 PM
I have been using CC for many years, always with saisfactory results. Disable the AV program, run CC and then re-enable the AV. Maybe the AV doesn't like CC because the program contains something they want left on you computer for whatever reason.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
18th July 2007, 04:51 PM
CCleaner is fine, it's just another case of heuristic misdiagnosis. :rolleyes:

At the ccleaner homepage (http://www.ccleaner.com/) they even notify people of the problem with Sophos...