PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Jory
13th July 2007, 08:06 PM
Hi

Just found this website. I am looking forward to sharing tips and information with you all.

Gra
13th July 2007, 08:17 PM
Welcome aboard, good to some more yanks on the list. Hope you enjoy our company. Be warned this is an Australian bassed board and such does have a local sence of humour, so you will need a thick skin:U .

One thing you will find is we LOVE pictures. It hasnt happened if there a no pictures. So show us some of your work..

Caveman
13th July 2007, 08:27 PM
Welcome Jory - enjoy the massed pool of info in this forum - it's a great resource.

Show us some pictures of your setup and work when you can.

Hardenfast
13th July 2007, 08:38 PM
G'day mate - welcome. What part of US are you from? You'll find quite a few of your fellow countrymen here from time to time.

hughie
13th July 2007, 08:43 PM
Jory,

welcome a board...I think. The inmates here run the asylum..worriesome very worriesome :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:sos: ........:U

Wayne Blanch
13th July 2007, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the mad house Jory, You don't have to be mad to come here but it really helps.:U

No Really, it is a great place to learn and share your knowledge. The people here are fantastic!:2tsup:

rsser
14th July 2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, welcome, and as an inmate who waits to watch whether the Yanks are worth the airtime, a modest suggestion: if you have a question, do a search on the forum first. In all probability, it will have been asked and handsomely responded to before ;-}

The Yanks on this forum are terrific guys IMO. I've learned a lot from them.

The reason I'm dyspeptic about lazy newbies is that they've killed off a bunch of forums I was a member of since there were so many of them and they just asked questions they could have found the answers to by a simple search. As a result the more experienced members dropped out and the forum became a waste of time.

K, rant over.

rsser
14th July 2007, 04:05 PM
... PS, you still in purgatory Hughie?

Gil Jones
14th July 2007, 04:06 PM
Hello, Jory, welcome aboard.
If you have a pic of your turning work,
post it and keep the inmates happy:)
They are a great bunch here, and you can learn a lot.

hughie
14th July 2007, 07:02 PM
PS, you still in purgatory Hughie

:U yep but have been active making turning tools 'n stuff,

waiting for my parole :U

joe greiner
14th July 2007, 08:48 PM
Welcome aboard, Jory. This is the best WW site in the whole world. Tons of information and good banter. Make sure you bring your sense of humour; and revise most of your spelling rules. (Roules?)

Please expand your location in your profile. USA is a big place.

Joe