PDA

View Full Version : Upsidedown Boat

watson
13th July 2007, 11:13 PM
G'day All,
We have a little row boat for use on the dam...........which until last Saturday,hasn't had any water in it for 4 years. Overnight the dam filled, engulfing the row boat which was up side down.
I thought it would float a bit ...having some air trapped under it....but no luck so far.
Do you think it will float or is it stuck until I can get in the water and move it????

That's the boat way down the end of the dam.

echnidna
13th July 2007, 11:45 PM
yer gunna get wet getting it up.
If it was gunna float it would be

watson
13th July 2007, 11:48 PM
Bugger!

Buzza
14th July 2007, 12:44 AM
Sounds as if not enough air was compressed to lift it, meaning it is a "leaker". :doh:

Time to build a boat-house? :D

watson
14th July 2007, 08:44 AM
I repeat.......Bugger!!

Boatmik
15th July 2007, 01:31 PM
If you have a compressed air supply it would be simple to use some copper or PVC pipe to pipe it under the side of the boat without getting your feet wet.

Also there are several types of explosives where if a small charge was used it would provide a large volume of gas to help the boat to rise up higher.

Be aware though that if a too large a charge is used the excess of hot gas may damage the paintwork.

Or if getting feet wet is the real problem pay some of the local kids - though the damage from this method may exceed that of the two methods above.

Best wishes
Michael

watson
15th July 2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks Michael,
The compressed air idea is a beauty.........if I can't convince the grandkids to rescue the vessel (they're the users)...........I'll certainly do the compressor trick.
I'll pass on the explosives........mainly because I never know when enough is enough!!
Just like everything in life I suppose :U