PDA

View Full Version : Slab for shed before or after?

Com_VC
14th July 2007, 01:59 PM
Hi earlier on this year I bought a second hand shed that I pulled down. Was just wondering if it would be better off to erect the shed first on footings and then do the slab later? Or should the slab be done first?

Thanks

DJ’s Timber
14th July 2007, 02:45 PM
Easier to do slab first

Groggy
14th July 2007, 02:47 PM
Nope, lay the concrete first, then drink the slab. :wink:

What DJ said, much easier that way.

Terrian
14th July 2007, 04:49 PM
concrete slab first, shed second, bbq & slab 3rd :)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
14th July 2007, 06:18 PM
Slab first, esp. if you've shanghaied a mate or two to help with the pour.

Then you get the bonus entertainment of hosing down the silly bugger who ended up face first in the pour.. and what foundation laying is complete without the traditional dragging of that greedy bastard out to the front gate? :D

munruben
14th July 2007, 09:52 PM
Seeing as you have got the shed, slab first. I put down a slab at my last place and never got around to putting a shed on it. The slab was still there when I sold the house often wondered if the new owner put a shed on it.:?

China
14th July 2007, 10:24 PM
If you put down the slab first make sure the sides go down below the top edge, whoever built the shed at the house I have purchased sat the sides on top of the slab when it rains it just runs into the shed I'm solving the prblem with s few kilo's of sikaflex but better not have to

Burnsy
14th July 2007, 10:31 PM
If you put down the slab first make sure the sides go down below the top edge, whoever built the shed at the house I have purchased sat the sides on top of the slab when it rains it just runs into the shed I'm solving the prblem with s few kilo's of sikaflex but better not have to

I have a different take on this, I prefer the slab to be layed larger than the shed so it is like a concrete path all the way around the shed. With correct drainage the water won't come in, and it makes for a great hardstand area to store the stuff you don't really want in the shed:) . I had it the other way on a shed in Kalgoorlie and it use to give me the shytes when the kikuyu use to grow up between the slab and the cladding.