PDA

View Full Version : Show me yours, and I'll show you mine.

ozwinner
31st August 2003, 03:23 PM
Hi All
Nothing at all to do with wood stuff.
Show me yours, and I'll show you mine.
Here is me yoot, all dirty, but its getting a wash with the rain...........RAIN.......whoooo!!!!!

Cheers, Allan;)

Shane Watson
31st August 2003, 03:37 PM
Give me about 3 maybe 4 weeks and I should have taken delivery of my new baby to show all. ;)

ozwinner
31st August 2003, 04:25 PM
Nothin like a showroom condition baby........:D
Allan

Dan
31st August 2003, 06:00 PM
Here's mine.

Ford 2, others 0.

ozwinner
31st August 2003, 06:11 PM
Hi Dan
Oooooohh........... clean ..........shiney.
Your not heading this way with your bucket and shammy are you?:D
Must wash mine one day.
Havent they got you on water restrictions up you way yet?
Cheers, Allan

Dan
31st August 2003, 10:33 PM
G'day Allan,

We were restricted late last year. The limit was 6000l per week and if you consistently exceeded the limit the council said they would install a restriction in the line to limit supply to 700ml per minute. Luckily the rain bucketed down in feb and filled the dam.

http://www.gawb.qld.gov.au/images/LakeLevels.GIF

Dan

colh
1st September 2003, 09:56 AM
and they're probably autos as well ....

ozwinner
1st September 2003, 10:03 AM
Poofter transporters Doorstop ?:eek:
Give me your address, Ill come pick you up..........:p

Eastie
1st September 2003, 11:37 AM
To Doorstop from another ford ute driver http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/ups/dvx_rune/smooch.gif

ozwinner
1st September 2003, 12:20 PM
Hi Doorstop
And I dont even drink beer.
Nice glass of red for me thanks,,,,,,,mmmm............
Maybe your right, a bricklayer who drinks red must be a poof.:(
Cheers, Allan

Driver
1st September 2003, 04:01 PM
Fellas - never mind the brand of ute - where are the dogs? Everybody knows that if you've got a ute you've gotta have a dog.

ozwinner
1st September 2003, 04:10 PM
Stuck in the tread mate.
And not all my dog's either.:eek:

macca2
1st September 2003, 04:39 PM
Both Fords....blue oval bull$%#^&*.

Get a Holden one tonner, a load of work gear and a bloody great blue healer.

Now you have something worth the photo.

Macca

ozwinner
1st September 2003, 04:43 PM
So wheres the photo?????????????:D

Iain
1st September 2003, 06:43 PM
I've got the Corgi, just waiting for the Rolls Royce ute in Kilsyth to come up for sale.................
(Corgi, little short legged piece of aggression, and it is a bloody cattle dog)

Tankstand
2nd September 2003, 08:28 PM
I know that I'm a newbie to these excellent forums and have relatively
little experience/advice to share, but now I get to wade into
this thread whole heartedly!!

This is my old girl, a 1968 HR, 161,
3 on the tree and Drums all round!

Classic not plastic.

Can anyone else beat 35 years old?

rob_tassie
7th September 2003, 01:22 PM
I got an ole XE that drives like its 35 years old. does that count?

One limitation that everyone except ozwinner falls prey to...

None of them will take a ton in the back and even the ole 1 tonner wont comfortably take a trail bike. Oh, they will fit, but not easily...

LONG LIVE THE "F"SERIES YOOT!!!

Drool dribble envy.

Hows it drive Oz? And would you make the same buy again? What options did you choose?

Have owned both "found-on-rubbish-dumps" and "hope-our-luck-doesnt-end-now"s but have been in love with the F100s and brethren for years. The F250 cas to be cream of the crop!

rob_tassie
7th September 2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by doorstop
They're not bloody utes , they're poxy, rotten fords!!! Poofter transporters!!! Real men drive Subaru Brumbys and Suzuki Mighty Boys and drink XXXX cos they can spel it.....

BLOODY SELF PROPELLED ESKIES THE LOT OF EM!
(and yes I have seen that done to a mighty toy, only car welcome at that bike rally, I can tell you!)

lol

ozwinner
7th September 2003, 01:34 PM
Hi Rob
It drives like a b'yooty.......sorry couldnt help that.
But seriuosly it drives better that most cars. I had an old one before this one, a 1988 ex ambo with a tray.
The only thing I miss is the extra room of the tray.
Options, I went for one with the lot, XLT that is, if ya gona do it do it right. you probably only gona get one shot at it.
Nothing like a nice drive home in comfort, after a long hard day in the salt mine.
Only thing ford forgot was the CD player, its not even optioned,
oh, and the go faster red colour I wanted.
Cheers, Al :cool:

rob_tassie
7th September 2003, 05:38 PM
Nice one! XLT is a good package.

5.4 or the big diesel?

ozwinner
7th September 2003, 05:45 PM
Hi Rob
Nah, I only went for the SMALL 5.4l, instead of the 7.3l turbo deisel.:D
Was down your way recently,( Labour day ) went to Hobart for a long weekend, cant wait to get back, the sea food was, was, was,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Also enjoyed the locals, and the whole area.
Cheers, Allan

ozwinner
7th September 2003, 05:52 PM
Me again
Rob, we was thinking about doing the Tass trip in summer, this time I'll bring me yoot so as I can load up with some Tassie goodies.
Do you have any suggestions, as for the trip? ( Apart from dont come down here raiding all our good stuff);) .
Maybe I can bring some timber from the north island, we could do a swap?
Cheers, Allan

rob_tassie
7th September 2003, 05:52 PM
Hey, oz, funny thing about electronic images but i'd swear the ute you have pictured is steel grey not red (?) Must be time for another eye test ;)

Yeah, the seafood is great. I recommend 'Muirs' down on the docks. They do a realy nice feed of scallops. Drunken Admiral is worth a look too, but a little dear...

Its justa pity its been so cold lately, still at least the mountain is pretty, all snowcapped. Makes a great view from the back yard!

ozwinner
7th September 2003, 06:04 PM
Hi Tas
We went to Muirs, couldnt see the ghost though,
Also went to Ball and Chain for steak.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ( here I go again).. steak. ( insert alsorts of Hommer noises Here.........)
Was wet when we went, but realy enjoyed it.
Actualy it was nice and unusual to see rain, and me from Vic, lol.
Cheers, Al:)

rob_tassie
7th September 2003, 06:13 PM
LOL yup, whittlesea isnt that far outta Melboune izzit? Still, ANY outta Melbourne is a good thing if you ask me.. Good fishing down your way... Taken the odd tailor or two, hmm, and salmon also. Never did get that big pinky though....

ozwinner
7th September 2003, 06:18 PM
Heres me best piccy of Hobart, even have it for me wallpaper.
Cheers, Al:)

ozwinner
7th September 2003, 06:21 PM
Whittlesea is 45 mins north of Melb.
Dont like fishin, to much water mixed with the fish, me likey eat em..........mmmmmmmm, oh stop it.
Al:D

rob_tassie
7th September 2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ozwinner
Me again
Rob, we was thinking about doing the Tass trip in summer, this time I'll bring me yoot so as I can load up with some Tassie goodies.
Do you have any suggestions, as for the trip? ( Apart from dont come down here raiding all our good stuff);) .
Maybe I can bring some timber from the north island, we could do a swap?
Cheers, Allan

I suppost that Whittlesea isa bit far fromt he Triton factory, otherwise I would say pick up a couple of seconds for me... As for coming down again, when?

There are a couple of great go-see things that I can suggest if you are interested. Like boats? Good museum here...

rob_tassie
7th September 2003, 06:24 PM
I think, mebbe, in my earlier post I must have been thinking of anglsea or something. I thought Whittlesea was down towards Phillip island or something for some reason.... :confused:
Too long since I lived there (mid 90s) and that out in Laverton, which would explain why I dont like the place.... LOL

ozwinner
7th September 2003, 06:33 PM
There is a place calles Whinchelsea, which near G'long.
The ( truppets dah, dah, dah daaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! )
TRITON factory isnt that far from here , only as far from you to Launceston......lol.
I'll let ya know when Im comeing, so as you can send me your wish list. :D
Cheers, Allan

rob_tassie
7th September 2003, 06:38 PM
generous of you. I will do a little research and find a really good seafood resaurant. There are a few, as you said. You just hitting the Hobart area, or off to see other areas? There is a REALLY GOOD one in Smithton... LOL

ozwinner
7th September 2003, 06:43 PM
Hopefully,? well start at the top, and trickle down.
Cheers, Allan

Sturdee
7th September 2003, 06:54 PM
Is Whittlesea not next door to Mt. Thomas the Crime Capital of Australia - where a new crime is committed every week and solved by the good blue heelers in one hour.

Peter

rob_tassie
7th September 2003, 07:01 PM
LOL Sturdee

Oz, as you come past lonny, turn off to Scotsdale. Its a little way out, but there is a really good timber exhibition out there, all Tassie timbers etc. Worth a look-see.

Dan
7th September 2003, 09:56 PM
Dont like fishin, to much water mixed with the fish, me likey eat em..........mmmmmmmm

Also went to Ball and Chain for steak.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ( here I go again).. steak

went to Hobart for a long weekend, cant wait to get back, the sea food was, was, was,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Also enjoyed the locals

Allan,
Does this mean you ate the locals ?

barnsey
7th September 2003, 10:08 PM
Who needs a poxy uterus Found On a Rubbish Dump

Get an official Ford recovery vehicle

Is Jack
Is Good:D

Then you'll really get to see what Tassie has to offer.

Too cold for me though

rob_tassie
10th September 2003, 12:13 PM
Hey Oz, guess what Ford are adding to the new F models?

6 stack cd in the XLT, amongst other things. But they dropped the smaller diesel, now only in 5.4L petrol or 7.3L (!) turbo diesel....

Here to check it out:

http://www.ford.com.au/showroom/lightcomm/fseries/F-Series.asp#Fcopy

Looks NICE!

ozwinner
10th September 2003, 05:56 PM
Hi Rob
The cd is because eveyone whinged about it Im sure.
But still no go faster red, only for their adverts.
I told them 18 months ago when I got mine, that I'll be back for a go faster red in 3 years.
Thats if I got any money then.:(
Cheers, Allan

AlexS
14th November 2003, 08:02 AM
Jibsta, your intelligence is shown by your eloquence.

Zed
14th November 2003, 08:09 AM
"jibsta" rhymes with "wanka".

lets face it hes probably only 14 and hasnt graduated past cars in cereal boxes yet anyway.

Neil
14th November 2003, 09:59 AM
Jibsta has been removed as a member of this Bulletin Board. http://www.ubeaut.biz/chainsaw.gif

We tolerate wankers. However we do not tolerate complete, total utter, wankers who are also foul mouthed fools who can't spell.

Neil http://www.ubeaut.biz/finger2.gif

macca2
14th November 2003, 11:20 AM
'ere 'ere.....couldn't believe what I was reading last night.

Macca

:confused:

Christopha
14th November 2003, 12:37 PM
And so has dongyb.

Zed
14th November 2003, 03:13 PM
Dongyb sent me a private message which I'll cherish forever - more of the illiterate same....

unfortunately it will be impossible to keep up with his alias's the only sure way will be to charge membership so it costs him each time he logs a new id.

I for one would be happy to pay membership here. I love this place.... (please!!! minds out of the gutter...)

rob_tassie
14th November 2003, 06:22 PM
methinks I'm glad I missed that little bruehaha

Glad to see a forum that stomps on the stupids before everyone get too upset and a brawl starts.

Good stuff you guys. I'm with Zed! Love this place....

Lets show our appreciation and look after it.

Iain
15th November 2003, 09:34 AM
Ford put out the 'Ka' don't they?
Must be the WAN model.
Anyway Neil, I tried to get a new ID and call myself Sticky so I could sue you for all those remarks at the top of each post.
Pooter wouldn't let me would it so I shall have to continue working for a living.

laudesan
22nd May 2006, 03:08 PM
May I share with you my latst painting. This is watercolour, painted on Arches 140lb cp and is 12" x 16"

I have been practicing a new technique..:) What do you think??

Cheers JJ

I have to unatach this pic to reattach it in my new thread..??????????:confused:

Felder
22nd May 2006, 03:19 PM
Hi JJ,

I think your painting is excellent, but I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to why you have posted it in a three year old thread about utes.

Try starting your own thread if you would like some more appraisal of your work....:)

laudesan
22nd May 2006, 03:27 PM
Oooooops.. where do I post it..:o

Felder
22nd May 2006, 03:32 PM
Go to the "Nothing At All To Do With Woodwork" section and click on "New Thread".
Give your thread a title such as "Watercolour Painting I have done" and attach the piccy. Ask for comments and sit back and enjoy the praise that should be heaped upon you.

Good as gold....:cool:

ozwinner
22nd May 2006, 03:33 PM
Click here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=43)and start a new thread.

Al :)

laudesan
22nd May 2006, 03:36 PM
Oh thank you both very much!!! :)

Felder
22nd May 2006, 03:40 PM
Or if you're really hell bent on showing your art in a thread about utes, try this one;
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=32106

It's only two days old instead of three years old.;):p:D

laudesan
22nd May 2006, 03:48 PM
Or if you're really hell bent on showing your art in a thread about utes, try this one;
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=32106

It's only two days old instead of three years old.;):p:Drotfmao..:p