PDA

View Full Version : collecting timbers

robyn2839
16th July 2007, 11:12 PM
when does it become an obsession, and take over your life? this is only six months worth, have a woodpile out the side as well ,with about 1 ton of bits of logs mainly hardwoods, bob

DJ’s Timber
16th July 2007, 11:22 PM
Argh, your pretty safe for now :q, it's when you start bringing it inside that you have to start worrying :o

robyn2839
16th July 2007, 11:28 PM
i bet your popular,

Lumber Bunker
16th July 2007, 11:53 PM
You got to get a standard size before, you start keeping it in the toilet "because is smells good" pen blank size is good but slightly wider to show more grain would be better. I think there is an actual "standard" then you can display them easier and / or store them any.

Good luck,
Steve

RufflyRustic
17th July 2007, 09:49 AM
Argh, your pretty safe for now :q, it's when you start bringing it inside that you have to start worrying :o

Err, yeah, storing timber inside. Um, yep, that's me :B I've timber stashed in at least 4 rooms in the house .

bovalino1
24th July 2007, 12:56 AM
I have about 200 tons of furniture timber and I d'ont have any in my house but I do have 3,500 sq metres of sheds sorry I like my sheds

reeves
26th July 2007, 12:42 PM
yes collecting wood is great fun but its the sorta thing that can get a bit out of hand. In my last giveaway about 5 barrow loads went to people and i have probably collected as much since, theres just so much wood around to be collected....really need a shed in the next house..

here some pics both inside and under the house...

ciscokid
26th July 2007, 09:10 PM
You all are fine from your pictures. I'm the one with a problem. :B

Oh, and I'm convinced it starts the first day you buy some.

robyn2839
30th July 2007, 08:27 PM
[quote=reeves;552994]yes collecting wood is great fun but its the sorta thing that can get a bit out of hand. In my last giveaway about 5 barrow loads went to people and i have probably collected as much since, theres just so much wood around to be collected....really need a shed in the next house..

here some pics both inside and under the house..

i will have to move to ravensbourne if thats the timber around to be collected,great lookin stuff. bob

reeves
31st July 2007, 03:57 PM
i will have to move to ravensbourne if thats the timber around to be collected,great lookin stuff. bob

yeah Bob it's a great area for wood for sure, old tall timbers area, lots of forest types. Hav locally collcted Bluegum, aussie rosewood, Qld Blackwood, soliky oak, Red cedar, lots of rose sheok and plenty of others

Here some more info on our house and the area http://johnreeves.com.au/house/

if ya ever wanna get out of Brisbane for a sunday drive it makes a great day trip...feel free to drop up anytime, there will be some chunks of wood for ya..

cheeeers john

robyn2839
31st July 2007, 05:57 PM
would like to take you up on that offer one day what a beautifull place,where were you before there.bob

funkychicken
31st July 2007, 11:07 PM
Well the disc sander table is covered in turning blanks, the left side of my workbench is covered in Kwila, Cypress, Cedar and some other goodies. Behind said workbench are a few silky oak logs, Pine, "Borrowed from the council" gum and more. As well as some random legths lying around everywhere. But I guess it's not too bad...

Tut-tut Robyn. All neat and tidy and organised. Very UnAustralian. :D

Hey Reeeeeves, buddy. I'm over in Meringandan. Maybe I can nip over there and grab a few chunks :2tsup: :2tsup:

Funky C

reeves
1st August 2007, 06:14 PM
would like to take you up on that offer one day what a beautifull place,where were you before there.bob

we lived in central Brisbane, West End, before this, for 10 years, have been up here for nearly 8 years and are selling up to move to Tassie ...so if you wanna drop up and grab some wood mate, best to do it pretty soon...

PM me for details plenty of useful chunks left from the giveaway...

cheeers
john

joe greiner
2nd August 2007, 12:49 AM
If you need to ask this question, you already know you're too far gone for recovery. Might as well just keep on collecting.

Joe