PDA

View Full Version : Circular Saw - Table Saw

wheelinround
17th July 2007, 05:57 PM
I have had my cicular saw for some time 15 years. My son just returned it along with the design I sent him to create a table saw he needed, now I can still use it as standing isn't an option at the moment not for that long anyway.

As you can see its mounted to my portable work bench

This is design No1.... there will be modifications or a better one made so I can regain some blade depth and a better guide set up. At the moment its as you can see two pine boards rebated and screwed to the undeside to secure the saw of a piece of melamine. Two screws or clamps to hold the guide still, a strap to hold the power switch on. Clamp it to the work bench, I use a power board to switch it on and off.
A new fine blade and works a treat:2tsup::2tsup: and yes I use a push stick for saftey.:U

WillyInBris
17th July 2007, 06:14 PM
OK I'm a looking but don't see nothing, maybe close my eyes and open again, nope nothing again, mmmm something wrong with my eyes :D or maybe its one of those virtual pics :) , the picture you have when you cant see the picture. :U

wheelinround
17th July 2007, 06:38 PM
OK I'm a looking but don't see nothing, maybe close my eyes and open again, nope nothing again, mmmm something wrong with my eyes :D or maybe its one of those virtual pics :) , the picture you have when you cant see the picture. :U

Sorry I did check/preview and then checked post as connection seemed slow they were there I have reloaded.

:(:-:doh:

wheelinround
17th July 2007, 06:40 PM
:doh::~ its doubled up on threads thats whats happened
Can I delete one :roll:

crocky
18th July 2007, 10:23 AM
I have had my cicular saw for some time 15 years. My son just returned it along with the design I sent him to create a table saw he needed, now I can still use it as standing isn't an option at the moment not for that long anyway.

As you can see its mounted to my portable work bench

This is design No1.... there will be modifications or a better one made so I can regain some blade depth and a better guide set up. At the moment its as you can see two pine boards rebated and screwed to the undeside to secure the saw of a piece of melamine. Two screws or clamps to hold the guide still, a strap to hold the power switch on. Clamp it to the work bench, I use a power board to switch it on and off.
A new fine blade and works a treat:2tsup::2tsup: and yes I use a push stick for saftey.:U

That is pretty good for a start and it will improve as you get some modifications done to it :)

Chris Parks
20th July 2007, 12:43 PM
I am not handicapped so if I am talking rubbish just ignore this. If I were in a wheel chair I would get a Triton work centre and cut the legs down to my level or make a frame to sit the top on. It has the advantage of being the same to use as if it were at full height just lower. If like wheelin around who mentioned he can stand at times and you needed it at full height making a lower frame would be ideal and leave the original one at its designed height. Something like this might work though it is fairly elaborate and might be too big in one piece as I imagine there would be a need to move around a fair bit due to lack of reach and smaller units may be better for that

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40397

I had to modify a triton router table for my dad as he could not bend down to change the height etc under the table so I made the base and hinged the top so he could lift it. I still have it if anyone is interested. I would give it to someone who needs this facility.

wheelinround
20th July 2007, 07:10 PM
I am not handicapped so if I am talking rubbish just ignore this. If I were in a wheel chair I would get a Triton work centre and cut the legs down to my level or make a frame to sit the top on. It has the advantage of being the same to use as if it were at full height just lower. If like wheelin around who mentioned he can stand at times and you needed it at full height making a lower frame would be ideal and leave the original one at its designed height. Something like this might work though it is fairly elaborate and might be too big in one piece as I imagine there would be a need to move around a fair bit due to lack of reach and smaller units may be better for that

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40397

I had to modify a triton router table for my dad as he could not bend down to change the height etc under the table so I made the base and hinged the top so he could lift it. I still have it if anyone is interested. I would give it to someone who needs this facility.

Mini your a bottler for sure :2tsup:

The design I showed is just a "quick need it now" for my sons (an able bodied 6'2" 30 year old) his use then mine. A some times sitting some times standing 5'8" wheelinround has been :U.

I agree a Triton work centre would be just ideal but on limited budget $$$ but I am handy with almost all types of tools so can look at building a similar design. Have most of the materials for it (stored at inlaws) just not the time and space to store something that size here. So I have to design everything at the moment to be storeable and easy n simple so better half can do it if need be.

Chris Parks
20th July 2007, 08:08 PM
Mk 3 Tritons are worth very little, there must be some laying around. I got some square tube and made the frame for the router top as dad didn't own a Triton so had nothing to put it on. You can have it if you want. I am building a new one into my table saw and it will be in the way and I have another which never gets used anyway. It could be cut down very easily if needed.

crocky
20th July 2007, 08:59 PM
Good piccy of you in the wheelchair :2tsup:

wheelinround
20th July 2007, 09:13 PM
Mk 3 Tritons are worth very little, there must be some laying around. I got some square tube and made the frame for the router top as dad didn't own a Triton so had nothing to put it on. You can have it if you want. I am building a new one into my table saw and it will be in the way and I have another which never gets used anyway. It could be cut down very easily if needed.

Mini this is an exceptional offer and I am sure I could put it to good use I am happy to pay you for it just put a price on it.

Ray

wheelinround
20th July 2007, 09:15 PM
Good piccy of you in the wheelchair :2tsup:

Thanks crocky shame wife took it not me LOL

Have to get her to take one when standing now I have my new Rocket Socks for ankle support

wheelinround
3rd August 2007, 02:36 PM
Mk 3 Tritons are worth very little, there must be some laying around. I got some square tube and made the frame for the router top as dad didn't own a Triton so had nothing to put it on. You can have it if you want. I am building a new one into my table saw and it will be in the way and I have another which never gets used anyway. It could be cut down very easily if needed.[/quote0

[quote=wheelinround;549525]Mini this is an exceptional offer and I am sure I could put it to good use I am happy to pay you for it just put a price on it.

Ray

I'd like to say thanks to Mini (Chris) he PM'd me and reminded me (I had totaly forgot about it) :doh: of the Router Table he is getting rid of :U:U I am humbled by his generosity and look forward to getting as much use out of it as I can.

Thanks again Chris

Ray

wheelinround
12th August 2007, 04:47 PM

:D:D:D a BIG THANKS to Chris for the Fliptop Router table the LOML took me to pick it up today.

:doh: Me got side tracked but soon realized that man can read street directory.

:o:o the look on the LOML's face was pricless seeing Chris's driveway from the entrance all you could see was tree's & cloud once over the edge it was down hill all the way.
After checking out his workshop, table was loaded up into the back of the wagon a tight fit with LOML at the wheel, Max the foxie me and wheelchair all stripped down.

Then with as much apprehension LOML realized she had to drive back the same way :o:o:C she is not well but made the effort for me today. With coaxing from Chris & his lady and some directions for turning around we were on our way. Facing the long haul back to the main road poor little Camry chuffed and huffed all the way to the top, Oh why did I ever get rid of the 4X4.

Homeward journey not without its adventures either been a beaut sunny day we decided to head home via Appin only to be confronted by a fog so thick it could have been straight out of a horror movie.

( sorry I ain't smilling in the photo but my ankles had swollen and I was uncomfortable.)

Thanks again Chris it will become a WIP already party disassembled>

Ray

Wild Dingo
19th August 2007, 02:57 AM
Congrats Ray!! :2tsup: And Chris great stuff mate! :2tsup:

Man its great when this sort of thing happens isnt it!

Okay... now Im looking at you and Im looking at the box thing... Im lookin at you... the boxthing... you... box... you... box... and to my one jaundiced eye thats beside the blind buggar that box appears to be too high for you whilst squatting down... oh right sitting on your bum! sorry my bad :q

Seriously... can you whack up some pics of it setup so we can see how it stacks up against your height?... just appears to be too high is all you dont want to be reaching up to use a router!! :o

Now!! lets see the stuff comin outta Rays shed!! whoooooooooeee a table saw AND a router table! MAN are you gonna be fair floggin along now! :2tsup: YEAH BABY!! :2tsup:

ahem... sorry got all excited for you there... I have officially pulled me head in :doh:

Good one both of you!

wheelinround
27th August 2007, 10:19 PM
Congrats Ray!! :2tsup: And Chris great stuff mate! :2tsup:

Man its great when this sort of thing happens isnt it!

Okay... now Im looking at you and Im looking at the box thing... Im lookin at you... the boxthing... you... box... you... box... and to my one jaundiced eye thats beside the blind buggar that box appears to be too high for you whilst squatting down... oh right sitting on your bum! sorry my bad :q

Seriously... can you whack up some pics of it setup so we can see how it stacks up against your height?... just appears to be too high is all you dont want to be reaching up to use a router!! :o

Now!! lets see the stuff comin outta Rays shed!! whoooooooooeee a table saw AND a router table! MAN are you gonna be fair floggin along now! :2tsup: YEAH BABY!! :2tsup:

ahem... sorry got all excited for you there... I have officially pulled me head in :doh:

Good one both of you!

Just spent couple of days setting up fixing up router table cutting dogs etc so my GMC router fits.
Removed plastic base plate to give 5mm more depth had to remove the dust removale thingy so i could put wing nuts on will use the Triton one which came with it

so here's where its up to now working a treat will be making up fram & legs for it so it can fold away and adjust in hieght.

Chris Parks
28th August 2007, 01:53 AM
Good to see you using it Ray. I reckon a Triton saw table could have the same thing done to it, throw the original frame and custom build a frame at your working height.

robyn2839
16th February 2008, 09:09 PM
so what are you using as a sawbench ray? have you designed one. bob

Stuart
17th February 2008, 12:26 AM
Check one of his other recent posts - something along the lines of Sturdee's mk3 lives again.

wheelinround
17th February 2008, 03:16 PM
Check one of his other recent posts - something along the lines of Sturdee's mk3 lives again.

:2tsup: DONE bookmarked saw now set up perfect

Allan at Wallan
13th March 2008, 12:36 PM
Wonderful generosity "Mini". Great to see
one Forumite assisting another.

Now its up to Ray - we want to see a few
photos of your creations.

Allan

I once stole a calendar - and got 12 months.

wheelinround
13th March 2008, 01:38 PM
Wonderful generosity "Mini". Great to see
one Forumite assisting another.

Now its up to Ray - we want to see a few
photos of your creations.

Allan

I once stole a calendar - and got 12 months.

Look in the turning section Allan its what I have been up to of late http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=68486&highlight=claret+ash

:doh: I know router is yet to get some use plans in mind Daughters new book case
Sons new display cabinet