PDA

View Full Version : The last of the plant stands

artemis
21st July 2007, 01:32 AM
Well this is the last plant stand to go with the previous four I made for a clients house,, it is a pyramid design with concave shelving designed to fit in the corner of a dining room area, finished in a brushed gold/bronze patina.

David L
21st July 2007, 06:04 PM
Nice work Art, good to see people still keeping the forge burning.
That rose is great.

artemis
21st July 2007, 07:28 PM
Nice work Art, good to see people still keeping the forge burning.
That rose is great.
I noticed a few replies from the sunshine coast,,, make sure you spread the word!:2tsup:

bitingmidge
21st July 2007, 07:46 PM
I noticed a few replies from the sunshine coast,,, make sure you spread the word!:2tsup:

Will keep the eyes out for customers, don't you worry about that! :wink:

P

Plushy
21st July 2007, 11:56 PM
Excellent Work Artemis . :2tsup:

Article99
22nd July 2007, 02:40 PM
:o -Good grief. You've got some serious amounts of skill there as a craftsman, Artemis. :2tsup:

Another stunning piece. I wonder, how long have you been blacksmithing for? Was it a skill you learned here in Aus, or abroad?

artemis
22nd July 2007, 10:20 PM
:o -Good grief. You've got some serious amounts of skill there as a craftsman, Artemis. :2tsup:

Another stunning piece. I wonder, how long have you been blacksmithing for? Was it a skill you learned here in Aus, or abroad?
Yanks dont like giving away secrets,, they like discovering others secrets. :D I spent a considerable amount of time making mistakes and discovered more practical methods of working iron in good old down under, from some very charismatic old smithies. Cant beat Aussie Ingenuity,,, Standard steel fabrication is a walk in the park compared to this kind of work. Traditional blacksmithing is "hot and Hard Yakka" as any creative blacksmith knows.
Its a labour of love, and theres never enough hours in a day.:roll:

artemis
22nd July 2007, 10:22 PM

Yanks dont like giving away secrets,, they like discovering others secrets. :D I spent a considerable amount of time making mistakes and discovered more practical methods of working iron in good old down under, from some very charismatic old smithies. Cant beat Aussie Ingenuity,,, Standard steel fabrication is a walk in the park compared to this kind of work. Traditional blacksmithing is "hot and Hard Yakka" as any creative blacksmith knows.
Its a labour of love, and theres never enough hours in a day.:roll:

Metal Head
22nd July 2007, 10:49 PM
Nice work Artemis:2tsup:. I was told during my apprenticeship (not as a blacksmith) that the best tradesmen are the one's who earn from their mistakes. So given the amount I've made, I must be one of the best around:rolleyes: :D. Have you ever considered teaching the subject as a short course (evening school)?. I am sure there would be many people who would like to have an insight and having a go, it sure might help reducing my stress levels.

I am interested to know can you purchase the square bar with the notches as well as twists in them, or do you have to do them yourself?.

Cheers
MH

artemis
23rd July 2007, 10:31 AM
Nice work Artemis:2tsup:. I was told during my apprenticeship (not as a blacksmith) that the best tradesmen are the one's who earn from their mistakes. So given the amount I've made, I must be one of the best around:rolleyes: :D. Have you ever considered teaching the subject as a short course (evening school)?. I am sure there would be many people who would like to have an insight and having a go, it sure might help reducing my stress levels.

I am interested to know can you purchase the square bar with the notches as well as twists in them, or do you have to do them yourself?.

Cheers
MH
Hey metal head , thanks for the reply,,:wink: I have been approached a few times to take on apprentices ,, but never considered teaching short courses,, Maybe one day ,,, as far as twisted and hammered bar goes,,
you can purchase them in varied sizes but I do all the twisting an hammering myself,, Its cheaper,,,,,Gets rid of stress too!!!
cheers,,

mrstevo
23rd July 2007, 10:38 AM
Very nice work Artemis, its evident that you are skilled and passionate about what you do, good job.