PDA

View Full Version : POD Casts - Woodworking Online

Groggy
21st July 2007, 11:37 PM
There are currently 23 online videos available (free) for download via the iTunes podcasts. I'm not a whip with the iTunes, but I went to the iTunes store, PODcasts and selected hobbies. In there I found the Woodsmith magazine online content. Each video appears to be about 140-200mb lasting for about an hour.

Edit: there seems to be some issues downloading - it stops and starts. Maybe Sir Stinkalots later post will be a better option for some.

munruben
22nd July 2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks will check it out.:2tsup:

Sir Stinkalot
22nd July 2007, 12:34 PM
If you are on dial up like myself it is best to find the podcasts via Itunes and then go directly to the site that is hosting them.

I have a program called Internet Download Manager which takes each file that you want to download and breaks them up into smaller parts and downloads 4-6 segments of the same file at the same time. The other advantage is if you stop half way (Disconnect) next time you log on again it will resume the download. From my experience with Itunes if you stop half way next time it starts from the beginning again, not something you want with a 200mb download.

Harry72
22nd July 2007, 10:41 PM
Go there directly (http://www.woodworkingonline.com/)
download it as a Mp4 play in quicktime or realplayer

Stuart
23rd July 2007, 05:53 PM
There is more than just that - there is also

The Wood Whisperer
Matts Basement Workshop
Wood Talk Online (audio only)
Stu's Shed

jw2170
20th May 2008, 10:31 PM
I found this old thread in google>

When I try to go to "http://www.woodworkingonline.com/"
I get the following message

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is required for WordPress.

Can any one help....

James

Charleville
20th May 2008, 11:20 PM
There is more than just that - there is also

The Wood Whisperer
Matts Basement Workshop
Wood Talk Online (audio only)
Stu's Shed

Not necessarily in that order. :D

Some of these shows are fan-bloody-tastic! Very informative!