PDA

View Full Version : Google Sketchup for Dummies

Rocker
25th July 2007, 09:11 AM
Google Sketchup for Dummies is now published and available from Amazon. But I will continue to Use TurboCad:)

Rocker

Honorary Bloke
25th July 2007, 09:29 AM
I do not think of myself as a Dummy, but in this case, I might make an exception! :D :rolleyes: :D

munruben
25th July 2007, 12:18 PM
I do not think of myself as a Dummy, but in this case, I might make an exception! :D :rolleyes: :D
Join the club:wink::wink:

MajorPanic
26th July 2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks David,

:2tsup: :2tsup: :2tsup:

Now, back to AutoCAD with you :wink: :U

echnidna
26th July 2007, 09:25 PM
Google Sketchup for Dummies is now published and available from Amazon. But I will continue to Use TurboCad:)

Rocker

So you prefer Turbocad?

Rocker
26th July 2007, 09:43 PM
Bob,

Yes; TurboCAD is far more powerful; it has a user-specified grid and far more snaps than Google Sketchup. It also has mirror copy, which is often very useful. It can also do bezier curves. But if you are incurably tight-fisted, Google Sketchup cannot be beaten on price.

Rocker

MajorPanic
26th July 2007, 09:49 PM
........... But if you are incurably tight-fisted, Google Sketchup cannot be beaten on price.

RockerWOT??

& you being of Scottish decent are not? :? :U

martrix
26th July 2007, 09:50 PM
You can do bezier curves in SU with a Ruby plugin.

Sprog
16th August 2007, 06:14 PM
Here is the accompanying web site for Google Sketchup for Dummies.

http://www.aidanchopra.com/

zenwood
16th August 2007, 11:37 PM
Like a true Scotsman, I ayeways hae a seizure after openin' an envelope wi' nae money in it!

I'll stick with Google Sketchup.

Justin
30th August 2008, 08:23 PM
(Thought I'd dig up this thread rather than start a newie)

I've gotten a copy of Sketchup For Dummies and can certainly recommend it. I've been tyre kicking with Sketchup for quite a while and recently decided to get serious - hence getting a copy of S.F.D

I'm glad that I did. I'm only about ten percent through the book but I'm really happy with some of the fundamentals I've learned to far, the book builds well and in a logical manner. A bonus is that my three year old son has taken an interest while I've been doing the basic exercises - we've had some fun building a house around the guy that's in the modelling window.

Finding a copy in stock in Melbourne seems impossible, but there's an online retailer in Sydney that currently has it on the shelf.

Cheers,

Justin.