PDA

View Full Version : About this thicknesser

Wild Dingo
25th July 2007, 05:57 PM
Okay so I had a bit of an issue a few weeks back when the outfeed roller fell out... thought Id fixed it put it back together and it worked well other than major snipe but thought okay I can deal with that later

So later came today while I was muckin about out there I thought Id have a go at fixing it... so looking at the large screws on the top I noticed that the one that was directly above the right hand side of the outfeed roller that had dropped the other week was about 1/4in down the thread from the surface so I got a screw driver and turned it back up... and thought mmm thats strange... dont know why just seemed too easy you know no tension or anything... so I tried its mate then the other side tight and not so easy with tension you know?

So I screwed it right out and had a gander inside mmm nothing down there... so I thought lets have a gander down the others seems to me they should have a spring or something to make the tension happen... sure enough the other three have springs

So... Im wondering a few things and Im assuming if the other three screws have springs under the screws this one should have too eh So Ive spent the last half hour crawling around on me bung knee searching for the bloody spring and cant find the sodding thing anywhere! :~

So where does one get another spring for this thing?

oh Harry and others know which mongrel thicknesser it is... but for those who dont its an orange Sherwood 15in model TBW-3801... I need kicking I know I know :doh:

lesmeyer
25th July 2007, 06:21 PM
Shane,
I know that Carba-Tec carry a number of spares that also fit the machines purchased from Timbecon.
Les

munruben
25th July 2007, 06:21 PM
So where does one get another spring for this thing?
I would try Repco.They may have something similar or point you in the right direction.

journeyman Mick
25th July 2007, 06:47 PM
If you end up getting a spring from a source other than Timbecon/C'Tec then I'd get two of them. That way at least the roller will have pretty even tension from side to side.

Mick

Wild Dingo
25th July 2007, 06:57 PM
If you end up getting a spring from a source other than Timbecon/C'Tec then I'd get two of them. That way at least the roller will have pretty even tension from side to side.

Mick

eh? Whys that Mick?

journeyman Mick
25th July 2007, 07:26 PM
eh? Whys that Mick?

I don't think that you want to have one side of the roller pushing down harder than the other. It may not be important, but for the sake of a couple of bucks do you want to chance it?

Mick

Wild Dingo
25th July 2007, 07:47 PM
Oh right I think I get you... if the one I get is stronger or weaker than the existing one in the other side it would cause problems so take the other side out and install the same spring in both sides right? :doh:

man was that a "moment" :roll:

BrettC
25th July 2007, 11:01 PM
..Dingo Stop :no: Go sell the hall table - do anything but make sure you go buy a Ryobi one for a coupla hundred $$$ and save yourself the grief:2tsup:

Wild Dingo
26th July 2007, 01:04 AM
Yeah and make this one the sodding anchor for the yet to be built boat eh! :roll: actually thats been suggested before... almost did it to... but I am going to persevere with the perverse thing :doh: I'll sort it... one day

maybe? :C

Wongo
26th July 2007, 10:51 AM
Shane, the Pasha Bulker needs a new anchor. Give them a call to see if they are interested.:2tsup:

Wild Dingo
27th July 2007, 02:51 PM
:U yeah okay sounds the go eh!! then what mate? THEN WHAT?? gotta go buy anothery dont ?? either that or turn.. gasp... shock... horror... to the

darkside :o

EGAD!! I can imagine my nightmares if I do that!!! geeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz!!! sliced and diced Dingo anyone? :C