PDA

View Full Version : Hewitson

watson
27th July 2007, 05:19 PM
Afternoon All,
The missus knocked off early today....put the tv on........whilst on the net she kept getting cheesed off by the show that was on tv.....so she typed into Google......"I hate Iain Hewitson's cooking show"........ and immediately this site came up.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Iain_Hewitson

Don't know if we'll eat tonight.....too busy laughing.

dazzler
27th July 2007, 06:56 PM
Oh god thats good!

I like the other one on Ready Steady Cook......the host eats like a pig and pushes the others out of the way.....he's grown a nice set of teeets over the past six months as he gets fatter and fatter :p

ozwinner
27th July 2007, 07:03 PM
Hmmm....Yum.:2tsup:

1 kg of pig lard
250 g of Copha
150ml of liquid bacon grease
2 L of good quality palm oil

Roll lard into a ball and then flatten into a pancake shape.
Sandwich lard between two layers of copha
Deep fry in palm oil
Drizzle with bacon grease.Al :cool:

Iain
27th July 2007, 07:20 PM
OK OK OK OK, my name is really Melanie, just keep it quiet though:rolleyes:
Anyway, who is that tired old hasbeen Bert Newton (along with his dickhead son) to make comment.

watson
27th July 2007, 07:39 PM
Tee Hee...Melanie!!.....cute!....not keeping it quiet though...I posted onto google and wikapedia.

craigb
27th July 2007, 08:51 PM
I dunno, maybe the person who did that site is just jealous?

Now I'm no Hewitson fan but he's not that bad. Admittedly he has bugger all knife technique and his TV persona can be a bit annoying but he presents simple recipes that are easy to make and maybe he challenges people to do something that they normally wouldn't try.

I've made his chilli bread and everyone who's tried it reckons it's the duck's guts. If I hadn't seen him make it I wouldn't have thought to make it.

watson
27th July 2007, 09:39 PM
Good thought......if you hadn't seen him make it ......you wouldn't have.!
Good stuff!
I just think the circumstances are funny.

Bleedin Thumb
14th August 2007, 05:17 PM
Watson that link should go under the inspirational threads.

Of all the worlds wally celebrity chef's ole Hughie is up there. Not quite the same heights as Jeff Janz or Nigella bites but close.

Who do you think would be voted the World's Worst Celebrity Chef?

There is sooooo many to choose from.

How about your favourite's... I liked old Ian Parmenter from consuming passions.

watson
14th August 2007, 05:32 PM
G'day BT,
I used to love watching Parmenter...best 5 minute filler ever.
I'd have to vote for Nigella as the pits.........

HappyHammer
14th August 2007, 05:45 PM
What's wrong with Nigella....there's something about her that turns me on...

HH.

Bleedin Thumb
14th August 2007, 05:53 PM
I hate all those cook off shows like the Iron Chef, ready steady cook etc what is the bleedin point of have what is essentially an instuctional program running so fast you can't take note of whats going on!

Bring back the two fat ladies and add a good dollop of goose lard I say!

Bleedin Thumb
14th August 2007, 05:56 PM
What's wrong with Nigella....there's something about her that turns me on...

HH.

Must be that surgically applied smile with those silicon enhanced lips and the botox brow.:wink:

You are a strange fruit HH.:D

Buzza
15th August 2007, 12:38 AM
Most of the ones in Australia come from OS and on arrival, pretend to be chefs.

I heard them tell me that Australians never knew what wine was like before the 1970's, and I. P. once said that Australians all ate beetroot for breakfast when he arrived here. He put us right with his five minute segments, and I doubt no Australians can be found eating beetroot for brekkie these days. Be warey of the man in a beret. :oo:

My late father was a chef and dreaded them all having TV shows to crap away on. :2tsup:

Why does Huey always wipe the plate with his rag?

If your're reading this Mr. Hewitson, here's a tip. Chefs have their rag hanging in front of them tucked in the belt, engineers have it hanging in the back of their belt. :D

HappyHammer
15th August 2007, 01:52 PM
I hate all those cook off shows like the Iron Chef, ....
Iron chef is a classic, it's so funny with the way it's dubbed by americans with lines like "Bang a gong lets get it on" and during the introductions the guy who always says "always a pleasure" cracks me up every time.:U

HH.

Bleedin Thumb
15th August 2007, 03:52 PM
When I first say that show my jaw dropped. I though no one could be that culturally insensitive to allow those dipsticks to provide such commentary. It was completely racist and offensive (even to me and I'm not Japanese)

I find it a very weird phenomena indeed not at all enjoyable but strangely half watchable in some crazy voyeuristic sense, the juxtaposition of frantic Japanese chefs and dumb and dumber bimbo commentary.... there is definitely nothing quite like that show.

HappyHammer
15th August 2007, 11:46 PM
I get the impression, and I could be wrong, that the Japanese treat the show in a light hearted way. You've only gotta look at the main doods clothes to know they can't be taking too seriously.

HH.

Buzza
18th August 2007, 10:21 PM
Getting back to Hewitson, I saw him make a hamburger the other day, with a slice of advocado in it???? :oo:

I like advocado with black pepper and salad dressing mashed into it, but not on a hamburger. Is this the New Zealand hamburger or what?

watson
19th August 2007, 12:19 AM
Gack!!!

Iain
19th August 2007, 08:23 AM
Gack!!!

Well!!! don't be shy, give us the Gack recipe:p

Allan at Wallan
24th September 2007, 08:28 PM
This hamburger recipe is one I concocted when I
purchased a hamburger/fish and chip shop and ran
it for three years or so.

It was my third most popular burger, behind one with
the lot and the other being egg and bacon. It was
called my "Alburger". Customers came from miles
around to get one and said it was definitely one of a
kind that was unavailable in any other shop.

The "Alburger"
Meat pattie made from 60% beef and 40% lamb.
contained egg, breadcrumbs, oregano, pepper and
salt.
Slice some onion and mix in two red bullet chillies
(finally chopped) and cook them while the pattie is cooking.
Be aware that the pungent odour from the onion/chillies
will take your breath away.
When cooked serve the burger between two soft buns,
lightly smeared with margarine and add lettuce.
Top the contents with Fountain Hot Chilli Sauce,
Chilli powder (light sprinkle), pepper and salt.

As publicized when I had the shop, "The Alburger is
guaranteed to burn twice".

Once you develop a taste for it you will never order a
plain hamburger again.

Allan

Buzza
24th September 2007, 11:12 PM
Sounds good to me Allan. I'm a chilli freak though.

Do you think it would go well if a slice of advocado were to be laid on top of the patty? (Also known as idvucuddo). :wink:

I think fish & chip shop homemade type burgers are always so much better than the ones Angry Jacques and others make. :cool:

Iain
25th September 2007, 07:45 AM
I think fish & chip shop homemade type burgers are always so much better than the ones Angry Jacques and others make. :cool:

I have had my fair share of grease ball burgers from different establishments but the worst was from the takeaway at Swanpool near Benalla, even the dog wouldn't touch it, god that was bad.
I hope they have changed hands as this was about 10 years ago and I still recall it:no:

dazzler
25th September 2007, 10:15 AM
[quote=Buzza;569754]Getting back to Hewitson, I saw him make a hamburger the other day, with a slice of advocado in it???? :oo:
quote]

Try it, its quite good. Like sushi off a geisha's tummy, strange but nice :2tsup:

Buzza
26th September 2007, 10:40 PM
[quote=Buzza;569754]Getting back to Hewitson, I saw him make a hamburger the other day, with a slice of advocado in it???? :oo:
quote]

Try it, its quite good. Like sushi off a geisha's tummy, strange but nice :2tsup:

A knife and fork proof geisha????

Have you ever seen me dine? :wink:

Now I know why everyone goes to Asia on their hols. :-

Buzza
10th March 2008, 10:56 PM
This arvo in Adelaide on his TV show, Hewie told us that the Asians taught us how to cook vegetables in Australia, when they arrived here from Viet-Nam c:1873. He made some comment about us cooking cabbage for three hours at a time. (Hewie, can you really remember anything from that period in time)? :p

Thank you Hewie, what a dumb bunch we must have been back then. We cook our vegetables, and Asians warm theirs up a bit. :roll: