PDA

View Full Version : Landscape

Rossluck
28th July 2007, 11:37 AM
I was into landscape photography some time ago (don't want to do the years), and had some published in photographic magazines. I moved out of it because of the entry of digital photography. I had this idea that the "purity" of photography was gone because people could muck around with images on the computer and so on. I was both right and wrong. I still believe that some indication should be given if you superimpose stuff and so on.

This image was taken through the window if my truck on the way to work. It's in the Gold Coast hinterland. It's not a great image, but one of my first in twenty years or so.

munruben
29th July 2007, 10:55 AM
Nice shot Rossluck. I, like yourself use to be a keen photographer but gave it away with the arrival of the digital cameras. Still think they don't rival the old 35mm SLR. One had so much control over the camera in those days and how you composed the shot reflected in the final picture. Nowadays you can alter the picture so much with digital software, you got no idea what the original was like. I got a couple of cheap digitals just to take the occasional snap but don'.t do any serious photography these days.

Rossluck
29th July 2007, 11:11 AM
Nice shot Rossluck. I, like yourself use to be a keen photographer but gave it away with the arrival of the digital cameras. Still think they don't rival the old 35mm SLR. One had so much control over the camera in those days and how you composed the shot reflected in the final picture. Nowadays you can alter the picture so much with digital software, you got no idea what the original was like. I got a couple of cheap digitals just to take the occasional snap but don'.t do any serious photography these days.

Thanks John. Yes, I suppose that with computers you could always scan imagine in from film cameras and fiddle with them as well. What turned me off was a series of photos by a pro of landscape scenes in the NT which almost always had the moon in them. You may remember them. It always puzzled me that he managed to keep the shutter open long enough to capture the twighlight image without blurring the moon. Then I found out in an interview that he had superimposed every moon in every picture. To me that's cheating, unless you declare it in the title. But at the same time I don't really think that there is a problem with digital cameras or digital photography. It just changes the playing field a little. When you think about it, Ansel Adams must have done some serious pushing and pulling in the darkroom.

wheelinround
1st August 2007, 11:15 AM
Digital has many advantages as well as disadvantages the biggest of these is ease of changing settings.

I took these with the wifes Canon A430 hink it has 5 mega pixle digital on the way home from WWS Sydney.

I took the base with my Sony TRV22 2 megapixal digital Video cam as a photo
http://bp1.blogger.com/_nHmE0rGXaU8/RjFE5VvVm4I/AAAAAAAAAAk/UNg2ZI_2r3o/s1600/DSC01193.JPG

Rossluck
1st August 2007, 04:49 PM
Digital has many advantages as well as disadvantages the biggest of these is ease of changing settings.

I took these with the wifes Canon A430 hink it has 5 mega pixle digital on the way home from WWS Sydney.

I took the base with my Sony TRV22 2 megapixal digital Video cam as a photo
http://bp1.blogger.com/_nHmE0rGXaU8/RjFE5VvVm4I/AAAAAAAAAAk/UNg2ZI_2r3o/s1600/DSC01193.JPG

They're great. I especially like the second one. :2tsup:

wheelinround
1st August 2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks Ross taken at RAS last easter when Richard Glover 702 ABC roadshow did the Cotton Challenge I just was in the right place at right time.

The others were all natural no filters no playing around with them either.