PDA

View Full Version : Kaspersky?

outback
31st July 2007, 09:11 AM
I'm not a happy chappy with my current anti-virus software. I have had an attachment sent via email, which screams VIRUS, but my newly upgraded program let it through.
SO, I am seriously considering Kaspersky, should I just get the anti-virus programme, or go the whole hog and get the firewall as well. I am now using Zone alarm for my firewall, and have been pretty happy, but if KAspersky is gooder I might go that way.

les88
31st July 2007, 09:27 AM
I have used Kaspersky in the past and found it quite good. I now have a wireless router and the its firewall seems to keep the nasties out.
les

Cliff Rogers
31st July 2007, 09:41 AM
I'm not a happy chappy with my current anti-virus software. .....
What is it?

I still reckon that AVG is good value. :2tsup:

Ashore
31st July 2007, 11:57 AM
Last time I saw the cost of the CA internet suite it was $50 after redemption and you get a 1 gig memory stick, > $1 per week :2tsup:

ptc
31st July 2007, 12:04 PM
CA internet suite.
have been with them for years.

Barry_White
31st July 2007, 12:04 PM
What is it?

I still reckon that AVG is good value. :2tsup:

I was originally using Kaspersky but could afford to pay out for the renewal so I went to AVG. I told my grandson the systems engineer and he shouted me the latest version of Kasperky anti virus. When I did a scan with Kasperky it picked up a Trojan that AVG had missed.

The latest version of Kaspersky is even better than the older version I was using. I am just using Windows Firewall and have no troubles.

K_S
1st August 2007, 09:56 PM
I have ZoneAlarm with antivirus which I read is Kapersky - very happy with it - well priced

I'm not a happy chappy with my current anti-virus software. I have had an attachment sent via email, which screams VIRUS, but my newly upgraded program let it through.
SO, I am seriously considering Kaspersky, should I just get the anti-virus programme, or go the whole hog and get the firewall as well. I am now using Zone alarm for my firewall, and have been pretty happy, but if KAspersky is gooder I might go that way.

outback
2nd August 2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the replies, I've been too busy to get anything more done. I'm glad and confused now.

I currently run Zonealarm, with antivirus, so K_S's remark has thrown me a little. I have to admit it has picked up a couple of Trojan's I thought were trickily hidden, but was worried I never received an alert or had the file quarantined which came as an email attachment, which had to be a virus.

BTW, I did try AVG, nothing really against it, just didn't flick my switch. I only tried the freebie, is there a paid AVG which is gooder?

K_S
2nd August 2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the replies, I've been too busy to get anything more done. I'm glad and confused now.

I currently run Zonealarm, with antivirus, so K_S's remark has thrown me a little. I have to admit it has picked up a couple of Trojan's I thought were trickily hidden, but was worried I never received an alert or had the file quarantined which came as an email attachment, which had to be a virus.

BTW, I did try AVG, nothing really against it, just didn't flick my switch. I only tried the freebie, is there a paid AVG which is gooder?

Gday OB

ZA with antivirus used to have vet a/v - I can't guarantee it's now kapersky but that's my understanding

KS

outback
3rd August 2007, 08:31 AM
ANy way of finding out which AV they use?

Cliff Rogers
3rd August 2007, 09:40 AM
ANy way of finding out which AV they use?
Ask them. :p