PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum

Sokolic
1st August 2007, 10:23 PM
I am looking into buying some Festool gear the only problem is which vacuum to buy they offer so many over such a wide price range. I wanted to hear from people with experience using the Festool vacuums and maybe they could point me in the direction of which vacuum is best for me. I will be hooking it up to the Festool CMS and My sanders.

Bryan1982
1st August 2007, 10:36 PM
hey mate go for the 22litre good capacity yet not to baulky..

there is no difference in suction. thats the one i have. also when the bag gets full just tip it in the bin and reuse them i think im on my 2nd or 3rd bag in 2 years i keep a spare one under the one in use. if i get a tear you can patch it with some duck tape beats buying 12$$ bags all the time.
what other stuff you getting???

Eli
1st August 2007, 11:08 PM
Seems like most people go for the CT22

Dan Clark
2nd August 2007, 12:31 AM
The CT22 is a great vac. It has a good balance of power, features and portability. One advantage it has over the smaller vacs is adjustable suction. This is an advantage for sanders because it helps prevent the sander sticking to the wood.

Dan.

Honorary Bloke
2nd August 2007, 01:06 AM
Sokolic,

Choose based on your typical requirements. I agree that the CT-22 is the goer for all around usefulness. But if you are going to be working off-site a majority of the time, you might look at a smaller vac, like the Midi, for ease of portability. The new models now apparently have variable suction even on the small ones (at least according to their web site). Variable suction is particularly useful when sanding, as Dan pointed out.

You can't really go wrong with any of them, but for workshop use the larger capacities will be welcome. :) Also, if you want later to add a boom arm, for example, you will need at least a CT-22 to accept it.

nt900
2nd August 2007, 09:48 AM
Hi Sokolic,

If you are wanting to mate a Festool dust extractor to your CMS, the CT-MINI and CT-MIDI don't easily connect with the CMS hose Y-piece. The MINI/MIDI port is in the top of the unit within the hose garage area, a Y-piece cannot directly connect due to obstructions. So the CT-22 through to CT-55 are better for mating to the CMS, the port being on the front with no obstructions.

lesmeyer
2nd August 2007, 12:37 PM
I have the CT22 and am happy with it. In retrospect I should have spent the extra $100 for the CT33. It is higher with same footprint and has some storage space.
Les

Hoppoz
30th September 2007, 10:41 AM
I have the CT22 and am happy with it. In retrospect I should have spent the extra $100 for the CT33. It is higher with same footprint and has some storage space.
Les

I did exactly that, have the CT33 with the CMS and couldn't be happier, as for portability the CT33 fits in the back of my wifes Smart 42 with CMS on the passenger seat, and as far as cars go they don't get any smaller.

Hoppoz
:2tsup: