PDA

View Full Version : Saving The Email Address Book

Buzza
3rd August 2007, 10:38 AM
I'm having trouble saving my Email Address Book to hard copy. I wanted to print out all the Email contacts I have, but there is no option, and so I tried the "contacts" box. A print preview showed the names and Email details therein, but when I print, the Email details are not on the paper.

I run M W XP Pro.

Any ideas out there please?

Bleedin Thumb
3rd August 2007, 02:19 PM
I want to know this one as well, lost my last lot when the old computer bit the dust. I also would like to know how to import / export the address book from/to outlook?

Ashore
3rd August 2007, 02:44 PM
go to your address book
Click on file
in the export option click on "Address Book (WAB)...."
in the next window there will be a picture of the book followed by "Address Bk" right click on this and click on copy
Then go to a memory stick another file etc and paste
If you go to a memory stick you can then transfer this copy of your address book to another computer with the copy paste option and then import it into another copy of windows etc:wink:

Rgds

Yumbo
3rd August 2007, 02:51 PM
Buzza, BT, its my first post – finally something I know a little bit about!

Exporting your address book from Outlook can be easily done by:

In the top menu click File | Import and Export....
In the Import Export Wizard select the first option “Export to a file” Click Next
In create file type select the type of file you wish to work from, I find Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheet) easiest to work with. Click Next
In the next step select your Contacts from the tree list Click Next
Next save your file by using the browse button and choose the folder you want to save the file to. Best to just plonk it on the desktop so its easy to find then copy/print/alter the file to however you wish. And name it something meaningful such as My Contacts 03 Aug 2007.
Finally you will be shown the tasks to be performed and just click on Finish.
You will end up with a massively wide spreadsheet that contains each item of detail for each of your contacts in a separate column headed with the entry type. You just need to scroll across a bit and you should see the name, home address, phone number , email address etc for each person as you had entered when you first added them to your contacts.
Importing seems to be a little bit different. I’m trying to find out but if anyone else knows feel free to take over.

I hope this helps you out.

Ashore
3rd August 2007, 02:54 PM
I'm having trouble saving my Email Address Book to hard copy. I wanted to print out all the Email contacts I have, but there is no option, and so I tried the "contacts" box. A print preview showed the names and Email details therein, but when I print, the Email details are not on the paper.

I run M W XP Pro.

Any ideas out there please?

For a hard copy go to the address book , go to view then sort by and click on e-mail addresses, then when you print you should get the e-mail addresses printed as well:rolleyes:

Rgds

Cliff Rogers
3rd August 2007, 10:36 PM
It is different from Outlook to Outlook Express.

Outlook Express uses a .wab file & Outlook uses a .pst file.

They are kept in different places too. :rolleyes:

Buzza
4th August 2007, 12:56 AM
Thank you to the forumites who replied.

Yumbo, welcome and your first post gave me just what I wanted. It works.

Before the last crash, I did the WAB thing Ashore, and recovered that from time to time and it worked. With this setup I have now, I cannot do that anymore it seems. (See what Cliff has to say about that as he mentions the two systems are different).

B T now you too can save your address book as well.

What a great bunch of mates we have on the Forums. :D