PDA

View Full Version : Dust collection for scrollsaw

Sturdee
9th September 2003, 05:08 PM
I have an old scroll saw that does not have a dust collection port.I wish to connect it to my central dust collector.
Has anyone done this , if so how did you do this?

Regards,

Peter

DavidW
9th September 2003, 05:21 PM
G'day Sturdee, mine has dust collection but its not perfect. I have a small fan set up on one side and when I pick up my 2HP collector this weekend I intend to place a wide attachement on the opposite side to try and suck up the dust blown over from the fan. Don't know if it will work but will post the results next week.

Bruce K
20th June 2004, 01:15 PM
PLEASE!!!!!! Forget this bloody blowing of dust around . What is everyones persistance with having dust in the air GET RID OF DUST AT THE SOURCE With scrollsaws hook up a hose below the table taped to one side of a hand spring clamp ( you know those little cheap black ones from Bunnings at $4 for 4 ) so you can remove it quickly when changing blades and a hose above the saw supported by the hold down arm which by now you should have thrown away Each hose 2 inch for air flow . When you go to next timber show check out how Hegner get rid of their dust on its saws BruceK

Iain
20th June 2004, 05:28 PM
Under the machine is fine if you are using single direction blades but some of us like reverse tooth and crown blades which of course negates the effectiveness of the vacuum port.
David merely offered a credible, and polite response, and stated that he is trying it when he gets his DC set up.
Remember that the blower is to clear the dust off the line so you can see what you are doing, it was never claimed to be a dust extractor.