PDA

View Full Version : Large Pinkie.

rgum
5th August 2007, 12:39 PM
I thought I'd have a go at my first pic upload. Well???? :?

To the right of the pic is the Breakwater.

3.1 kilo Snapper, 7.3o am on a slab of squid right on the end of the rock wall. Dec 06. Several Barracudas later ( great bait ) and Wham! :o I got another two larger ones. No pics . Sorry.
Yes I don't eat the things But!. I put 9o pcent back. :B

Gawwwd I can't wait to get there again this Xmas.

I'm happy to distribute them if you can come get'em. I ice what I keep, in a large freezer in a Pizza shop till my 2 weeks are up. Good friends shop.

Cheers. Tony. :2tsup:

echnidna
5th August 2007, 12:52 PM
happy fishin' Tony.

rgum
5th August 2007, 01:04 PM
Thankyou Bob for your previous sentiments RE: Workplace Harrsmnt.
I am happy to bring you some of my catch on my way home. Just a right hand turn into Timboon ( been there ) and enjoy.

Cheers Tony :2tsup:

echnidna
5th August 2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the offer Tony.
I don't live in town.
I'm about halfway between Timboon & Nullawarre at the Brucknell Scout Camp

martrix
5th August 2007, 05:15 PM
Geez Tony, thats a pretty nice Snapper for off the rocks! Where was it?

rgum
5th August 2007, 06:28 PM
Squid capital of Vic I reckon. Cephalapods aplenty in Portland Martrix !!!!! !.

Fishing off the Breakwater wall. 1 and a bit km long.
You know it? I go to the very end. Often on my own. Never crowded there. 20 approx mtrs deep.
I cook in the back of my van, all meals, sleep and get up at 5.3o am to do it all over again. All fish on ice till I get to the pizza shop at night.

And Bob...not a problem. On my way home I'm happy to make a detour. Might even throw a line in down your way.

I've tried Pt Campbell too. Some bloody dangerous cliff edges I've been too. You gotta be silly and I was ( am :o ). The swell was huge and I copped a coupla huges waves that rolled in and crashed up onto the ledge I was on. Madness! :o

I've got a coupla pics I'll put up from last Xmas o6. Bigger Snapper too.:o
Bout 5.5 kilos.

Gents??? How do I include some of your replys, txt you wrote, in a white box please in my replies. A quote from other replies I mean.

Got a feeling I'll be the most prolific poster in the fishing forrum. :B

Cheers Tony.

Stevenp
5th August 2007, 06:53 PM
Heres a tiddler I caught 9+Kg about 12 month earlier from the same spot (Lee Breakwater). I live here so i get to see a lot of fish like these.Let me know when you are coming down and weather permitting we can put the boat in. 5.4 M savage. Cheers Steven.

rgum
5th August 2007, 07:45 PM
Your on Steve!!!! And thankyou for the offer. :2tsup:

Yep. You have a good size fish. Excellent. I want one too. :o
Put up some more pics please.
Can you keep me upto date, sometimes, with any good catches. I go to Tony Jones when I'm there to get filled in.

Do you got to the Walthrorp Lagoon? I get all my baitfish there. I put a line in JUST before the submerged rock line where ther water cascades.
Great spot.
Wanna try Snapper point off the beach in Nov ( for my bthday ) and Dec.
I'll be there around then.

Great pic Steve and well done mate.

Thanks....Tony.