PDA

View Full Version : Practical Boat Owner back issues

graemet
7th August 2007, 05:47 PM
Fellas,
I have nearly 9 years of PBO from #263 Nov.88 to #366 June 97 with only a few gaps. This is a pommy mag slanted at sailing yachts.
Before I put them on eBay or chuck them, is anyone interested? Preference given to active forumites with the ability to collect from NW Sydney (they weigh a lot)
Cheers
Graeme

Wild Dingo
10th August 2007, 01:17 PM
Fellas,
I have nearly 9 years of PBO from #263 Nov.88 to #366 June 97 with only a few gaps. This is a pommy mag slanted at sailing yachts.
Before I put them on eBay or chuck them, is anyone interested? Preference given to active forumites with the ability to collect from NW Sydney (they weigh a lot)
Cheers
Graeme

Well that blows me outta the water :doh:

Tony Hunt
10th August 2007, 03:56 PM
Hi Graeme

I'm just around the corner from you. Drop me a line with your contact details please.

Regards

Tony

graemet
11th August 2007, 09:58 PM
Well that blows me outta the water :doh:

Hey Ding!
That's got to be your shortest post ever!
Cheers
Graeme

graemet
12th August 2007, 11:56 AM
Gone - to a good home!

Tony Hunt
25th August 2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks Graeme, I'm about halfway through the box and going strong.

If Dingo behaves himself (ha!) I might even pass thm on to him when I'm finished!

Cheers

Tony

Wild Dingo
2nd September 2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks Graeme, I'm about halfway through the box and going strong.

If Dingo behaves himself (ha!) I might even pass thm on to him when I'm finished!

Cheers

Tony

ooooh yeah thats it young fella tease an ol phart :roll: Like I can EVER behave myself!!! :doh: Just not in my nature eh!! :U :q

So I guess thats blown me outta the water again... aah yer a bloody legend young Tony!! hows that luggar going? you get all the numbers on her? :2tsup: Hey how big is she? if shes around RoseFs size Id REALLY REALLY and I mean REALLY like to have a burl at building her :2tsup: ...your numbers and drawings would be closer to the proper thing than my past efforts :C

Im still TRYIN to find the bloke that owns RoseF and not getting far Im afraid :C

Shaneo
28th November 2007, 03:21 AM
Hi Tony,

I was wondering if you have a copy of the December 1995 issue there. I am desperately trying to get hold of the article about Soling conversion. I have been told that it is impossible to buy that back issue from the distributor now.

Many thanks,

Shane

Tony Hunt
29th November 2007, 04:46 PM
Hi Shaneo

I'll check tonight and get back to you. Most of them date from about that era so there may be a fair chance. Watch this space!

A mate of mine tried to convert his Soling into a rowboat a few years back - sailing too close to the end of the arch beneath the Gladesville Bridge. All very exciting for a few minutes until the mast scraped clear.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Hunt
29th November 2007, 09:20 PM
Shaneo

Just checked, and yes, I have the December 1995 issue. The Soling conversion is a 3-part article in the October, November and December issues. Do you need all three or do you already have the first two parts? Anyway, if you can send me your email address (or postal address if you prefer) via PM and let me know what you need I'll scan or copy the relevant articles and get them off to you.

It looks like a nice project. Do you have an old Soling hull you're thinking of converting? They're fun boats to sail, quick too.

Cheers

Tony

fxst
29th November 2007, 09:30 PM
about 1998 I did just this using the PBO articles...soling cost me $600 and all up cost me $3000 but was a easy project all things considered. Sold it 3 years ago and haven't seen it since:(
Wouldn't mind doing it again the result was good :D
Pete

Shaneo
7th December 2007, 10:14 PM
Pete,

Did you manage to get 3' of headroom, and did you get rid of some of the floors as the article suggests?

Shane

fxst
8th December 2007, 10:47 PM
yeh got the headroom and didthe floors like it suggested.
I'll see if I can find some pics of it
Pete

Shaneo
10th December 2007, 10:46 PM
Wow, that opens up some possibilities if I can get rid of the floors without structural consequences! I'm just surprised though, because they are concentrated around the keel area. But your boat didn't show any problems..