View Full Version : This redgum

TEEJAY
8th August 2007, 06:21 PM
Will one day become a lovely outdoor table :D

Got it two weeks ago outback oz - nothing like it :wink:

TEEJAY
8th August 2007, 06:31 PM
It's hard to post pics that do the timber justice

And even then the real thing looks so much better :)

Dean
8th August 2007, 06:56 PM
Very nice...

That army guys legs look like they are right in the firing line on that second pic :oo: :oo: :D

Dean
8th August 2007, 07:08 PM
Is that a Westford mill? Looks like it :)
What saw u running there?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
8th August 2007, 07:46 PM
Very nice...

That army guys legs look like they are right in the firing line on that second pic :oo: :oo: :D

That's modern greenies for you. Hide in the bushes in their camo, waiting for some innocent miller to come along. Then halfway through the cut, they leap into action and hammer nails in front of the chain. :oo:

I think they're trying to copy the Seppo military... going for pinpoint accuracy instead of blanket nailing. :roll:

It's called "Shock and OW!" or something like that. :p

BobL
8th August 2007, 11:22 PM
It's hard to post pics that do the timber justice

And even then the real thing looks so much better :)

Nice work TEEJAY!:2tsup:

Pour some water on the wood just before you take the photo will help show us the grain better.

Cheers
Bob

TEEJAY
9th August 2007, 08:56 AM
That's modern greenies for you. Hide in the bushes in their camo, waiting for some innocent miller to come along. Then halfway through the cut, they leap into action and hammer nails in front of the chain. :oo:

I think they're trying to copy the Seppo military... going for pinpoint accuracy instead of blanket nailing. :roll:

It's called "Shock and OW!" or something like that. :p

I told him he shouldn't come out west in his pyjamas :p

TEEJAY
9th August 2007, 09:01 AM
Is that a Westford mill? Looks like it :)
What saw u running there?

Yep it's a Westford. Nothing too flash or elaborate but really light and works well. The weight is a real bonus when you are in the middle of the outback and have to cart this gear about on your own often hundreds of metres to a site from a track. - Why so far - well thats usually where the bigger burls are :D

The saw is a 95cc Stihl magnum 066 and the bar 56" titanium with a skip tooth .404 chain

I use a scaffolding platform for guide rails too - just screw in the ply to the log in a couple of places plus a nail here and there and ZING.

Bob I should have wet the wood for a pic - we were low on drinking water and the water in the water hole would have made it look like mud :) - may get to something soon though and take another better pic.

Wongo
9th August 2007, 11:15 AM
That is ugly.

Hey TJ, how come you are allowed to cut down our precious tree illegally?

Wongo
9th August 2007, 11:37 AM
:D

TEEJAY
9th August 2007, 01:52 PM
That is ugly.

Hey TJ, how come you are allowed to cut down our precious tree illegally?

What's this "OUR"

With my trusty 007 chainsaw mill "licenced to kill" :D

You are just soooooo jealous :p

Wongo
9th August 2007, 02:00 PM
Jealous? :nonono:

What made you think that?:q

TEEJAY
9th August 2007, 02:12 PM
Jealous? :nonono:

What made you think that?:q

I know the beautiful furniture you could turn these slabs into having seen what you can turn floorboards into :p

SOOOOO JEALOUS

Now if only I had some furniture making skill :rolleyes:

Oh what the heck i will just hack it into a picnic table :D

dai sensei
9th August 2007, 08:51 PM
Beautiful timber Teejay. Bet there were no nails to slow you down in that one :U

TEEJAY
10th August 2007, 08:59 AM
Beautiful timber Teejay. Bet there were no nails to slow you down in that one :U

The only risk out here is to hit a bullet :wink: - They are a lot softer than an 8mm coach bolt :)