PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi Drop saw or mitre saw call it what you will

givusabrake
9th August 2007, 09:18 PM
If you have a Hitachi Mitre saw check with Hitachi you may be elidgible for a free one in replacement of your old one. There is a huge recall on there saws

I PURCHASED MINE 17 YEARS AGO FOR $756 :rolleyes: C12FA, AND BROKE IT LAST WEEK ONLY RANG THEM TO ORDER NEW PARTS.... :2tsup: THEY TOLD ME IT WAS PART OF A RECALL SO I SAID WELL SEND THE NEW BITS WITH MY ORDER AND I WILL PUT EM ON MYSELF

Well it turned out They are sending me a Complete modern up to date Brand Spanker :D Well now I dont feel so bad about the stupid thing I did which Smashed the Gear housing sending schrapnel throughout my shed... near done no. 2's scarey situation.

Anyhow there are several models dating back to the 80's right up to this year that are part of the recall some are only for a refit i.e better quality guards etc to be fitted and some are to be completely replaced.... Hope you guys strike it lucky like me.... its nice to get something for nothing once in a while

cheers all

Steph

pawnhead
10th August 2007, 10:08 AM
I might have to dig mine out of the garage. It was the worst piece of garbage I'd ever bought. It went through armatures every six months until I gave up having them replaced. Everyone who bought one had the same problem. :((

Krazee
10th August 2007, 10:35 PM
My C10FS (SCMS) was also replaced thanks to advice of the recall on this forum about 3 months ago (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=50509&highlight=hitachi).
Check hitachi at
http://www.hitachi-powertools.com.au/C12FSA-VoluntaryRecall.aspx

Squirrel
10th August 2007, 11:15 PM
I have the C8FB, the recall mentions the C8FB2. Wonder if this is the same saw. Will have to call the number on monday and see if I get an exchange as well. Thanks for the heads up guys... :2tsup:

Squirrel...

matt_chan
24th November 2007, 01:35 PM
hey, was just wondering if anyone has had their c8fb replaced by hitachi?

pawnhead
24th November 2007, 05:02 PM
They ought to.
As I said it was the worst load of rubbish that I'd ever wasted my dollars on.

I had a Hilti drill once that came close, but no cigar.