PDA

View Full Version : tips on building small timber shed

inferno6688
9th August 2007, 09:51 PM
Hey guys,
i am thinking of building a small and cheap shed to go against the side of the house for storage. I am thinking about 1500mm wide, about 800mm out from the wall, and about 2200mm high.
I am thinking of building it out of timber, instead of buying a ready made one. What do u reckon? i am hoping the timber method will be cheaper, and i can customise the size to maximise the space

What sort of timebr should i use? Maybe frame it up with treeated pine. But then what to sheet the walls and doors with??:?
I am thinking of using corrogated sheeting for the roof.

Cheers guys:cool:

Harry72
10th August 2007, 12:28 AM
What you clad it in depends on how you want it to look, will you want it too match the house...

inferno6688
10th August 2007, 10:15 AM
i am not too fussed about how it looks. I am more interesested in something cost effective, and weatherproof. Its just on the side of the house so it won't really be seen.
My main concern is want to use something that will last in the weather. I don't want it rotting away in a couple of years. Also i'd like the shed to be fairly well sealed. maybe something like cement sheeting?? i don't know about about all these different types of sheeting!

Cheers.

DJ’s Timber
10th August 2007, 12:09 PM
You should be able to buy a tin shed in a kit form pretty close in size to what you want.

I suspect it would probably be cheaper to do so as well