PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ale

Gingermick
10th August 2007, 08:26 AM
Following on from BT thread, what about favorite Ales? I like most of Coopers beers, Little creatures pale ale, Love Sinha Stout, All the Trappist beers.
(And fourex bitter ale, isn't an Ale)

K_S
10th August 2007, 03:17 PM
When I was home brewing I liked Bavarian Ale. Came as an extra pack of hops or whatever.

YUMMO

HappyHammer
10th August 2007, 03:50 PM
Not sure what the BT thread was and I know this isn't an ale but my favourite beer at the moment is Corona it goes down easy and I rarely get a bad hangover.

Call me a girl all you like it's what I'm drinking at the moment.:no:

HH.

Gingermick
10th August 2007, 04:17 PM
Not sure what the BT thread was and I know this isn't an ale but my favourite beer at the moment is Corona it goes down easy and I rarely get a bad hangover.

Call me a girl all you like it's what I'm drinking at the moment.:no:

HH.

Bleedin thumbs thread about pilsener.
I think Corona is ok, without the lemon:D

http://www.redoak.com.au/ this bloke in Sydney apparently makes some rather fetching ales.

Bleedin Thumb
10th August 2007, 04:55 PM
HH you are a big girls blouse!

Gingermick I don't know how you can drink Little Creatures.....not to my taste I'm afraid.

HappyHammer
10th August 2007, 04:55 PM
I think Corona is ok, without the lemon:D
Not lemon, Lime :;

HH.

HappyHammer
10th August 2007, 04:58 PM
Call me a girl all you like it's what I'm drinking at the moment.

Sticks and stones....
chuck us a slice of lime BT ummmm...:q

HH.

Howdya do that
10th August 2007, 05:01 PM
I've tried em all but I keep going back to Toohey's New:2tsup:

What gets me is I've never had a home brew as good as any beer from the bottl'o and home brewing is a lot of work and tedious, why do they bother:?

Grunt
10th August 2007, 05:04 PM
Any beer you have to add lime/lemon to isn't worth drinking.

Love Coopers Sparkling, Little Creatures and just about any India Pale Ale.

Ruddigar
10th August 2007, 05:06 PM
Love Coopers Sparkling, Little Creatures and just about any India Pale Ale.
:iagree:

Especially with some manner of citrus fruit added.:2tsup: :p

HappyHammer
10th August 2007, 05:06 PM
I've had some great tasting ones but they've always given me a massive hangover...:whatonearth:

HH.

HappyHammer
10th August 2007, 05:07 PM
:iagree:

Especially with some manner of citrus fruit added.:2tsup: :p
Uhhmmm I'm guessing Mandarin:U

HH.

les88
10th August 2007, 06:38 PM
I tried home brew 30 years ago it was revolting so I stuck to Tooheys new. I spent time traveling Ozz and different states different brands so changed to VB when back home I switched to MB good drop. Then I got prostate cancer and they cut it out and mucked around with the bladder, so that was my beer drinking days over. But all was not lost I now drink Scotch and have no hang overs. Well 'Heres luck'
look at the time if you drink a lot you must start early:o:roll:
les

Gingermick
10th August 2007, 06:47 PM

Gingermick I don't know how you can drink Little Creatures.....not to my taste I'm afraid.

Well, you take the lid off and pour it with a smooth motion into your cool clean glass, then put said glass to your pie hole and tip back till the wondrous floral yeasty ale slides down your throat.
Is that what you meant?
You're not an ale drinker then? James Squire make some good ales. Fairly easy drinking.

Or the one in my avatar. If you get that, make sure you don't drink it cold. Needs to be 8-10°.

Bleedin Thumb
10th August 2007, 07:31 PM
No I like a lot of ales, especially some of the more flavoursome pale ales, Love the chimay's and other tapist (sp) ales, its that overly floral nature of little creatures I find too overpowering. luckily for me there are thousands of different beers in the world.:D

BTW Les have you ever wondered that it may have been the Tooheys Spew that killed the prostate and blader?:roll: :U

Gingermick
10th August 2007, 10:41 PM
Love the chimay's and other tapist (sp) ales, its that overly floral nature of little creatures I

Trappist, LC is quite intense. I used to drink coopers pale until I found this.
Whats your favorite stout?

Bleedin Thumb
11th August 2007, 11:15 AM
Whats your favorite stout?

Been a while since I went through my stout tasting stage must admit that I've stuck to Guiness since they came out with the widgit thingy.

I seem to remember that Cascade made a goodun and Sheath wasn't too foul.

Doughboy
11th August 2007, 02:13 PM
Y'all need to find some Moose Drool or Scape Goat from Missoula MT.

www.bigskybrew.com/process/ourbeers.html

reeves
11th August 2007, 03:23 PM
Coopers Ale, no doubt about it !

Gingermick
11th August 2007, 04:19 PM
Been a while since I went through my stout tasting stage must admit that I've stuck to Guiness since they came out with the widgit thingy.

I seem to remember that Cascade made a goodun and Sheath wasn't too foul.

Cascade was Ok, when I drink guiness now, I drink the extra stout. Bit stronger than the widgetty draught, and more flavour.

Sinha stout has a real chocolaty coffee aroma and is 8% :licklips: