PDA

View Full Version : Black Sabath. Woo hoo.

rgum
10th August 2007, 03:41 PM
My dear darling lady has bought us two tiks to go see Blk Sabath tonight at the Tennis Centre, Melb park, Rod Lver Arena....or what ever it's bloodywell called??????? Gawwd. :U

Showing our age now . :U

But alas ...no Mr Ozbourne. Someone will be up front I hope. :C

Gee I wish Slade would get together and come down here. Slade Alive is just a joy of a rock n Roll album.

When Billy Thorpe died I was sincerely tearful and sniffled all night long.
After I've had my nightly fill...... out he comes.....loud...... as he would have loved it. A week before he died, I was out searching for tkts for a local venue. What a shock!

I was once asked " Tony...what's your favourite song?"
For a long time I was not able to answer. Even though I studied Opera and Orchestral and jazz music for 12 yrs. I mean I was exposed to a HUGE variety and diversity in music.

But for a while now,..... I have been able to reply, my fav song is.......
" Most people I know think that I'm crazy ". I can relate to the lyrics a fair bit.
This song is my anthem. Also will be played at my funeral in 2oo yrs time. :o

God bless you Bill.

I'm comin!

And " when ".... I get there, I'll be
your back up drummer to Stu. ( I played for 24 yrs...flute and voice too. )
You are up there aren't you? :o

So........Whats ya favourite song? We did the fav dogs and pet thread! ( keep it short....:B )

Sorry ...I'm just reminicsing amongst myself. :no: Can't spell either. :~

Sniff sniff....sniff...sniff .

Yes darling. I'm turning off the comp and getting ready. :no:

Gotta go! :2tsup:

wheelinround
10th August 2007, 06:54 PM
Not Favourite but means heaps
"Another Brick In The Wall" "Hey!! Teacher Leave Those Kids Alone"

Tooo may to list go way back to 56 year of birth and since then sorry just an "OLD ROCKER"

he he recenlty found out Thorpy did cover versions of some of the Moody Blues early stuff.

Jack E
10th August 2007, 11:58 PM
Wish You Were Here,

Cheers, Jack

tameriska
11th August 2007, 06:40 PM
Gee I wish Slade would get together and come down here. Slade Alive is just a joy of a rock n Roll album
Have you been peeking in my record collection? :grin:

Have to admit, I liked Black Sabbath better with Ozzy in it.

How was the concert?

Cliff Rogers
12th August 2007, 12:14 AM
Oooooo..... the 'Paint it Black' & 'Born to be Wild' era.... I lived through it. :D

You can't have just 'one' favourite song, not forever. :no:

You'd be better off asking "What is your current favourite(s)"

Mine has to be an obscure instrumental (not a song) called 'Dancing Shadows' by Armik. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3D3O6u2a8)

The best bit lasts 30 seconds 3 minutes into it.... best to play it loud with lots of Bass.

PS. It is NOT from the same era.

newbie-doug
22nd August 2007, 10:05 PM
by far the best group ever, black sabbath, they died when ozzy got kicked, shame