PDA

View Full Version : A Shed in Perth

derekcohen
10th August 2007, 05:19 PM
I need to buy a small shed. Who is the most reliable, cost-effective company to contact?

The shed will need to be custom made as it is not a standard size. It will be 3.5m x 2.0m and with a double door to one side.

Into this will go all the garden equipment, bikes, windsurfers and other family toys that clutter up the garage/workshop. Actually, this is as much wanted by others, who complain that all their gear is constantly covered in sawdust :U

I would prefer a wooden shed, but the one company that I did contact has closed down. Any contacts recommended? Otherwise I will go for colourbond.

What flooring would you recommend? Do I need to lay down a solid slab or are pavers acceptable (no machinery going in there)?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Groggy
10th August 2007, 05:29 PM
Derek, I'd use a slab as pavers will allow moisture to seep up into the shed. It's also easier to broom out. Can't help with a company.

cheers.

Wild Dingo
10th August 2007, 06:55 PM
Agree with Groggy about the slab Derek... and being so small it shouldnt cost an arm and a leg either... get a load of yellow sand in and one of blue metal hire or borrow a mixer and make your own... 1 day... put shed up and fill it with garden crud... 1 day... all done in one weekend!!! :2tsup:

As to a wooden shed... dont know of any in Perth that do wooden sheds... but I do know this bloke thats a whiz with timber and tools who could if he put his noggin to it design AND build one in no time flat... want to take a punt at his name? :U

oh a hint he has a massive collection of planes... another? hes a manic sharpening fanatic... go on mate guess!! :;

ian
10th August 2007, 08:29 PM
I need to buy a small shed. Who is the most reliable, cost-effective company to contact?

The shed will need to be custom made as it is not a standard size. It will be 3.5m x 2.0m and with a double door to one side.sorry Derek,
but cost-effective non-standard is an oxymoron

The last shed I helped to assemble came from Bunnings. Apart from two goes to get a box with all the bits, no real hassle.

An impact screw driver (corded or cordless) makes it a doodle.

If the shed has to be a custom size I'd look for the next larger standard size and shorten the width.
I'd errect it on a 4" concrete slab (use mini-mix)

If this is not an option, I suggest your best option is a light timber frame, braced on the insides with wind bracing ply with Colour bond on teh outside.

ian

Damon_11
12th August 2007, 12:43 PM
Hi Ian,

Having been through this very exercise, I had a false start with #1 supplier and ended up with Spic and Span Sales (Your Aussie Mate) who were most accomodating.

http://www.youraussiemate.com.au/

Cheers...Damon

jags
20th August 2007, 05:59 PM
Hi Derek

i used a company in osbourne park . i think they are called the shed guy but that was a few years ago .

As for the slab if you are going to use a slab there is a company called concrete taxi and you tell then how much you need and when and they deliver it . i'm going to use them for me bathroom floor.
i can email you the price structure if you like .

rob
(i and not affiliated with this company )

Harry72
20th August 2007, 06:50 PM
Boy mud is sure dear over there, $200 a 25mpa cube here.
For 1/2 a cube its probably not worth them doing it, so they must charge more I suppose?