PDA

View Full Version : IE Problems

chrisb691
12th August 2007, 02:24 PM
I am running IE 7, on windows XP home.

I'm having issues (mainly with the forum site), where a page will load, and then the 'Page not found' error will come up. A refresh, or shift refresh, will usually bring the page up correctly. The weird thing is, that the pages seem to load up almost completely, before it goes to the page not found error. I've done all the normal things, like delete history, cookies etc, but t doesn't improve the situation. I also note that often, inline graphics don't load properly. eg. I might get half the image perfectly, and the rest will be a solid block of colour.

An additional sympton, is that occaisonally the page don't render at all. Instead I will get a page, or part thereof, of Hieroglyphics as per the attached pic. Or I will be missing features such as the 'manage attachments' button, whereby I need to do a refresh, and they may, or might not, appear.

Finally, I can't download files via explorer with the files being corrupt. But they are fine if I can get them with ftp.

As most of these issues also happen in Mozilla, I assume that I have a damaged/missing dll. I have done a lot of searching, and have tried muliple 'fixes', but haven't been able to resolve the problem.I'm trying to avoid a full reload of the laptop, because it's a real PITA.

Has anyone come across this before, and can suffest a fix?

ps. had to put the pic inline, as the attachments button decided not to work for me this time

pps. Can't even get the pic inline,

Cliff Rogers
12th August 2007, 02:59 PM
Dam... I just posted a reply to the other thread & it got deleted. :(

Iain
12th August 2007, 03:07 PM
That happened to me Cliff, I posted a link to a legitimate Australian clothing Manufacturer and it was deleted, pity really for it was a good company who employ so few who work with so little for so many, truly a shoestring budget:wink:

chrisb691
12th August 2007, 03:11 PM
Other thread ??????????

Gra
12th August 2007, 03:22 PM

Come on Cliff, You should be used to that by now.:U :U

wheelinround
12th August 2007, 05:16 PM
Change to Firefox for better security:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

chrisb691
12th August 2007, 05:23 PM
Change to Firefox for better security:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
As stated, I'm having the sames issues with Mozilla (Firefox).

echnidna
12th August 2007, 06:53 PM
try opera

Cliff Rogers
12th August 2007, 10:23 PM
Other thread ??????????
You posted 2 of them at once & some kind cleaning person came along & deleted one, it just so happened that I was in the process of replying to the thread that got deleted so when I hit the Submit Reply button, the server thought about it for about 3 minutes & then blamed me for trying to do something dumb. :(

Gumby
12th August 2007, 10:27 PM
& then blamed me for trying to do something dumb. :(

The server knows you well it seems. :D

Cliff Rogers
12th August 2007, 10:35 PM
I was sober.... it didn't delete any of my pizzed ones from last night. :p