PDA

View Full Version : Spotties

Wild Dingo
13th August 2007, 01:42 AM
Okay so youve got a ute car or whatever with a bullbar right?... so you NEED some spotties right?... So what are you going to do?

Go the supacheep or some car parts shop and buy a set of spots for $100 to $180?... right?

WRONG!!

What you should do is

Find the nearest TRUCK parts shop... go in and get a BLOODY GREAT TRUCK SPOT... I was in the local truck part shop the other day getting some mirrors for the F100 as the ones I paid 170 for from the bloody car parts place were crap and had taken to laying down facing the blasted road... so anyways I was in there getting my $100 PAIR of truck mirrors thats $100 with frame by the way... and spotted the spots or rather "bull lights" so asked the bloke to give me a price and after checking the book he comes back with... not yet fellas wait a bit!!

Anyways I was in the hunt for some spots so I went to a few places in town to check the price and quality of the spots they were offering... cheep PLASTIC low watt spots dressed up to be "good gear" at a hefty price

So I went back to Truckline and got him to check the price again picked some up... HEAVY SOLID METAL... and well when he came back with...

"yeah mate theyre $100 each"

I whipped out the credit card and got two of them!! at that price Ive tossed the idea of getting some of the small so called "good" spots from the car place and set the BALLBURSTERS in place on the bullbar of the F100... NOW just let some dipstick mongrel eyed dopey idiot lash me with their friggin high beam or spots... just let em!! COME ON SUCKER!! :2tsup:

So for $300 I got 2 "bull lights" (these are those big bustards you see on semis if you dont know) and a set of mirrors and the frames to go with them... same thing from the car shops or elsewhere would have set me back around $400 or more!! Not only did I get 2 WAY WAY SERIOUSLY WAY more powerfull spots but also 2 WAY WAY SERIOUSLY WAY more better mirrors!!

This is bought to you in the interests of saving you money while getting far better quality and just seriously better gear at a great savings in finances.

IT PAYS TO CHECK THE TRUCK PARTS SHOPS!! :2tsup:

Pete J
13th August 2007, 01:50 AM
So, Wild

Have you done a comparison of real output - mind you, this is coming from a fellow who's last effort in this area was to put a pair of super oscars on a Datsun 1600!

Regards

Wild Dingo
13th August 2007, 10:26 PM
Gidday Pete

Ever heard the expression... stunned mullet? Well mate chuck that mullet at half a mile distance and the buggars got no eyeballs! at 2 klicks his retinas are burned out at 3 clicks hes blind... getting him stunned is at about 5klicks away!

MAN!! THESE SUCKERS BLOODY LIGHT UP THE DAMNED WORLD LIKE BROAD DAYLING IN THE MIDDLE OF A HEAT WAVE :2tsup:

Worth every centablo!! :2tsup:

As someone who travels a lot of miles in the outback I should have done this YEARS ago!! :doh: But we went and had a gander at a couple of houses tonight and had one of those smartasses who refuse to lower their highbeams blast the missus who was driving in front... I dropped way back almost stopped and as this idiot came burnin up the road toward me I flashed him with the high beam... nothing... again... nothing... thats two... third time again nothing and then BLAM!!! got him!! bastard dropped his headlights in one hell of a rush I can tell you :2tsup:

Sung to the song Amazing Grace

Amazingly light how sweet it is
Burnin up the eyeballs of the dense
I wait and warn the dopey shytes
But then I give em both barrels

woodbe
13th August 2007, 10:47 PM
Ha Ha. Won't say I have never done that...

I did a Marshal Ampilux (extra points for you if you know what they are) conversion on a Datsun 1600, and added a pair of the Super Oscars. At full tilt, it was 600 watts out the front. Apart from the drain on the battery, those were the most awesome lights ever.

Just be careful. I've seen coppers flick their lights to see if there are any trigger happy hoons about :D

woodbe.

Wild Dingo
14th August 2007, 02:29 AM
"Trigger happy hoons" ME?? :o HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH :U OOOOOOOOOHHHHH GAAWWWD STREWTH THAT HURTS!!! :U :U

THe whollopers see me womblin toward em in the effy they go through severl manifestations... first is a know all smirk... then the gun comes up and its a major grin... finally they actually see us in all out glory and they have to stop the car and end up falling on the road in fits of hysterics!!! :U No seriously!! They literally wet emselves!!... see its a farmer jones thing... although lately Im gettin more laughs cause they reckon its a fisherman jones thing me lookin like ol Spencer Tracey in "The old man and the sea"... hysterics see? AND then theres the matter of the effy bein such a big ol brute of a bitche of a thing they EXPERCT her to be fair floggin along but the gun dont lie!! well comparing or arguing with whollopers isnt my favorite pasttime but Ive done it a couple of times... "Do you realize you were doing 20 klicks over the speed limit sir?" "Was I?" "yes sir you were doing 120 in a 100 zone sir" "mmm well young fella I think Im gonna have to argue with you with that son" "Sir?" "well shes an ol girl is this bitche shes tired you know? and as a tired ol bitche of a effy she is just not capable of doin more than 80 and thats with my foot flat to the deck and a brick holding it down" "Well I clocked you doing 120..." "no hang on a tick young fella I aint finished... besides bein old tired and slow I tell yer the clock dont lie on this girl if she says shes doin 40klicks then thats what she was doing understand? right and this old girl was saying Im doing 60klicks an hour so how can your stupid gun say one thing and the old bitche say another? Do you argue with your bitche young fella EH?"

mmm okay that really didnt work to well got a yellow sticker for that for some reason... well him wanting to take her for a spin to check the speedo was probably part of it... the bitche has this thing about other drivers doesnt like em you know? so he floors it and she shows shes doin 40 klicks an hour... and its bloody obvious shes doin 60 or so... and the other wholloper holdin the gun shows me the clock and its reading 100 and still goin up... and the speedos showing 30 clicks and the clocks reading 110... didnt help much I dont think... what can I say she hates strangers touching her!!! and particularily hates and refuses to cooperate with fellas an sheilas in blue for some reason... even I cant get her to behave if Im wearin blue!! fair jacks up she does!

ANYWAYS!! Back to the spotties... mate I always give 3 separate flashes (unless Im blind then I'll just hold the spots on and buggar the bustards!) before I hit them with the spots always have always will... fair warning you know?... still havent challenged a semi yet... reckon that could prove intreguing eh?!! :; nah would have to raise on of em a bit for that caper and thats not the point of it all is it... nope its to get the dumbstupidmoronic wakkers who dont think they have to turn their stinking headlights down or their pathetic plastic toy spots off :~

oh and to get DAYLIGHT in the middle of the night of course!! :2tsup:

Black Ned
14th August 2007, 10:52 AM
Ah! Dingo's Revenge

Must be karma being on the other end of a Spotlight.

Tonyz
14th August 2007, 09:02 PM
Put 3 Cessna landing lights in a Mini Cooper hook up extra relays and battery.
2 go on the front as per usual but switch em off and its like driving into a black hole.
3rd one mounted above the boot, wired into english 5speed racing gearbox legally but hidden away a seperatye switch for those dummies who come up behind you with their lights on high:( then one quick flick of a switch and see ya later baby:D

Ivan in Oz
14th August 2007, 09:22 PM
G'day Dingo,

Hope you 'relayed' them to loose minimum Voltage drop.

My pet hate is some out there with 100Watt "Parking" lights they run with:(
Newer cars seem worse.

Wild Dingo
7th September 2007, 01:45 AM
Actually my pet fav hate at present is those bloody mongrel blue flamin lights!! You know the ones? No not the whollopers they have blue and red lights Ive seen em... no Im talking about those bloody irritating annoying distracting mongrel blue lights in a lot of new cars nowadays... I DONT CARE how good they reckon they are they bloody well hurt my eyesockets! AND are fully deserving of a long full blast of the spots... just cause!!... and I can :2tsup:

Wouldnt mind getting my hands on some of those cessna landing lights!! :o ooooh yeah with them up on top of the cab theres just NO WAY in hades ANYONE even the meanest mongrelest semi driver there is would challenge them for more than a gnats phart of time :2tsup:

Master Splinter
7th September 2007, 11:53 PM
You don't like the blue lights for the same reason many people don't - there's a certain percentage of the population who don't get the pupil dilation response to blue light (http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/bad/bad.html), so they cop more of the glare.

Buzza
15th September 2007, 12:45 AM
Having spent most of my working life on the road in heavy trucks, I now find that HOONS drive around with four headlights on (some coloured blue), or spotlights on, or their high beam on. Let's face it, by the time you put them on, you need to turn them off as someone will be approaching. I can only come to the conclusion that these drivers have had a misspent youth. :D

However, if you're fair dinkum in need of some decent lights, add another alternator to the fan belt. :2tsup: