PDA

View Full Version : MS Office software crashing - what is a runtime error.

felixe
18th August 2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Guys,

Four times today I have had microsoft word close down on me and request to send an error report.:oo:

It is happening when I am inserting excel charts or visio diagrams into MS word, I get a "runtime error" message:? , then it crashes. :no:

Because of Autorecover I am able to get back most of what I am doing but I would prefer to fix the problem as I still lose some changes.:((

Any input would be greatly appreciated.:2tsup:

(Extra smilies and spaces inserted for the benefit of Weisyboy:D )

munruben
18th August 2007, 06:16 PM
If your issue persists it is possible that the program,or utility causing the runtime error may have issues. There are a miriad of reasons why this happens. Uninstalling the offending program and reinstalling it usually fixed the problem. You will not lose any of your files you have saved in word if you do this. It is not a huge task to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office, will only take you 15 minutes or so.

Barry_White
18th August 2007, 06:43 PM
I think a run time error is Microsofts way of saying we've stuffed up but it is your problem.

As John says maybe reinstalling the program or a lot of time I just reboot and it usually fixes the problem.

rhancock
18th August 2007, 10:11 PM
I had a similar problem, so I Googled the exact error message and got a patch to fix it up.

wheelinround
19th August 2007, 12:00 PM
1 initial trouble is micro in nature with an attitude from Gates of "well if you go buy a new car it has to be serviced regularly and repairs need to be had from time to time"
So go see if there are any fixes from the great wizards site

2 second trouble is its the same as the first go get a free package that is available off the net does all and more than orifice does.

OR buy the best and original Wordperfect from Corel been around since type writters/ word processors. This is what Orifice asspires to being one day.

felixe
19th August 2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the input guys.
Won't swap to Corel, unless they do infopath, visio and one note:?