PDA

View Full Version : making components

notenoughtoys
19th August 2007, 01:12 AM
If I understand correctly from a tutorial vid I found, I can make something like a drawer as a "component" and then draw the chest and actually insert the drawer into it (also copy it for the other 7 drawers to save drawing. I can't seem to make a component, my tools don't look the same as the tutorial has, I went to the learning centre and it says to "right or context click and choose “Make Component” from the context menu. " when I right click I don't get that command, and what is context click?

Could someone help me out please.

Cheers

Bob K

Sprog
19th August 2007, 04:48 PM
Create the drawer
With the select tool, (arrow) left click and drag a rubber band around the drawer (or left triple click on the drawer).
The whole drawer should now be highlighted.
Right click on the drawer and a menu will pop out.
Select the Make Component option.
Name the component and click Create

A context click is a right click on a selected object, face, edge etc. Depending on what is selected and clicked on will give an appropriate context menu.

notenoughtoys
19th August 2007, 07:58 PM
Create the drawer
With the select tool, (arrow) left click and drag a rubber band around the drawer (or left triple click on the drawer).
The whole drawer should now be highlighted.
Right click on the drawer and a menu will pop out.
Select the Make Component option.
Name the component and click Create

A context click is a right click on a selected object, face, edge etc. Depending on what is selected and clicked on will give an appropriate context menu.

Cheers mate,

got it working now, thanks for the assist. :2tsup:

Bob K

Dan Brouny
7th April 2008, 12:39 AM
Good idea, for sure:U