PDA

View Full Version : Digital versus S.L.R.

Allan at Wallan
19th August 2007, 02:11 PM
I have a Nikon 801-s which is a great camera and one
I have used with success over the years.

However I purchased an el cheapo Kodak CX4200 digital
just to play around with and advertise items on e-Bay.

It is only two mexapixels but nevertheless I have
been very pleased with the results.

Attached is a picture of a dahlia in my garden taken with
the Kodak.

Allan

I am not at all worried about dying
... but just hope I am not there at the time.

glock40sw
19th August 2007, 04:49 PM
G'day.
Digital is still SLR.
I use Pentax *ist D, *ist Ds & K10D.
All SLR and all digital.
The great thing about Pentax Digital is that I can still use all my old Pentax glass. Even the old screw mount lenses work on these Digital bodies(With adaptor)..

dazzler
19th August 2007, 07:07 PM
I love digital. SWMBO has a pentax SLR digital thats 6meg or so and it is unreal.

I use the multi photo setting when the kids are playing and fire off 250 or so shots in ten minutes or so and pick out the best ones, save em to disc and get prints made. :2tsup:

joe greiner
20th August 2007, 12:12 AM
The "film" price of digital is hard to beat. So it's easy to bracket exposure, colour settings, depth of focus, and such for cheap experimentation.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pentax, Trevor. (Mentioned on another thread, too.) My several-years-old Canon A300 is starting to get erratic; seems to be an intermittent short on the CCD - display from memory is OK. I have about a bushel of K-mount lenses, extension tubes, and doublers. It'd be nice to have a digital that accepts them. The earlier digitals with interchangeable lenses seem to have found it necessary to invent a new lens mount - no thanks.

Joe

glock40sw
20th August 2007, 10:56 AM
G'day Joe.
Mate, Check out http://www.keh.com

They have very good prices on pentax *ist D SLR. They are 6 Megapixel and the best of the bunch as far as options go. I find that I use the old "D" model more than the new K10D as it is better with the old glass.

joe greiner
20th August 2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks again, Trevor. I think I might have bought from them when I lived on the west coast years ago. Now they're right up the street (US319 & I-75, about 5 hours). I've just started looking into the replacement situation; downloaded the K100D brochure from Pentax (.com), and probably get some of the other specs before I decide whether to go new or used. Doesn't seem to be too much of a premium to get the full new package with cards, software and such, but I need to shop around. Although I did some heavy programming on the old IBM 360 mainframe, computers and I are no longer the best of friends.:-

Joe

munruben
20th August 2007, 02:06 PM
Attached is a picture of a dahlia in my garden taken with
the Kodak.
Allan.
Come on Allan, you know you are just showing off cos you got some nice flowers in your garden.:D

Allan at Wallan
6th September 2007, 11:25 AM
Come on Allan, you know you are just showing off cos you got some nice flowers in your garden.:D

Hi John,

We get some nice sun rises down Wallan way too.
Also taken with the little 2mp Kodak.

Allan

I am not at all worried about dying
... but just hope I am not there at the time.

dennford
6th September 2007, 11:46 AM
Call that a sunrise; now this is a sunrise.

Denn

wheelinround
6th September 2007, 12:07 PM
Fog and sunrise Mandalay
Sunrise Maloolabah Beach Kawana waters
Canon EOS 100

dennford
6th September 2007, 12:14 PM
Hope you don't mindme giving this a little bit of a tweak?

Denn

wheelinround
6th September 2007, 12:29 PM
Hope you don't mindme giving this a little bit of a tweak?

Denn

:o Haven't been through the series of about 10 yet wow had forgoten what was out there

It was 2003 after all

Just loaded this series same camera son climb on roof to take Flickr: Photos from wheelinround (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheelinround/)

wheelinround
6th September 2007, 12:49 PM
Storm Chasers Gallery I found this site some years ago these guys are excelent t finding the worst weather and greatest photo's this is a link to their Load your photo's site http://www.australiasevereweather.com.au/storm_pictures.html
It has a link back to the main page etc I have spent hours checking out their photos.

dennford
6th September 2007, 12:52 PM
Some nice atmospherics there.

Denn

wheelinround
6th September 2007, 12:56 PM
yep

dennford
6th September 2007, 02:20 PM
I meant yours, I must 've posted at the same time as you did - haven't looked at the second link yet so I will do so now.

Denn

dennford
6th September 2007, 02:25 PM
Yep, that's am interesting site with some good weather pics and also of interest are thier data links.

Denn

wheelinround
6th September 2007, 02:29 PM
:doh: Thanks Den

some of mine in the fire section