PDA

View Full Version : Vale Sir Joh

mic-d
20th August 2007, 06:56 PM
Trickster, comedian and gentleman in a horse suit. 26yo, SWMBO's first horse of 18 years and 11 years of using me as a scratching post. Gone today.
Goodbye mate

Michael

rgum
20th August 2007, 07:38 PM
Michael..I'm sad when any family member with more than two legs go's away.
I'm sad to hear. :no:

I love all animals.
Love horses and dogs.

Get the photo's out and make some frames for'em. And make a stable door, gate with their name on it in brass. And dates.

We think that they'll be with us forever sometimes.
He/She musta been a charachter alright. What a fun horse to be with. :U
Really sorry to hear. :no:

Tony.

Bluegum
20th August 2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Michael. The passing of a not just a pet but a freind really does cut you to the quick, may his memory live on in you and your wife's hearts forever.

RufflyRustic
21st August 2007, 09:39 AM
Hi Mic

Sad news.:C Thinking of you both.

Wendy

Iain
23rd August 2007, 09:48 AM
I whipped a clump of tail hair from daughers pony when she died, it hangs on the photo frame and she still gives it a pat as she walks past, almost 5 years ago now.
If you can't whip the hair (if you have some) get a fly tyer to do it for you.

Simomatra
23rd August 2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Mic.

As redgum says Its hard to loose any of the human family but the four legged variety are just as hard to loose

Thinking of you

mic-d
23rd August 2007, 07:58 PM
thanks everyone for the replies, I'm going OK but SWMBO is heartbroken, I feel guilty that I'm not as upset as she is:(
Iain, what thread did you use to whip the hair? ATM, It's in the cat coffin :)

Cheers
Michael

Iain
23rd August 2007, 08:55 PM
I used a waxed Gossamer which is made for fly tying, if you like send me a clump and I will do it for you, just send a PM and I can arrange it, just allow a week or so for postage, it is only a 2 minute job but I have a lot of different coloured silks I use for fly tying.
No charge I might add as I share your grief.

Grunt
23rd August 2007, 09:51 PM
Sad news indeed.

Really sorry to hear of your loss.

Chris