PDA

View Full Version : Sooo close

Sebastiaan56
22nd August 2007, 07:26 AM
Great Sunday afternoon, beautiful rainy weather, dry shed, nice piece of Camphor, the boss said a two tiered lidded bowl was a good idea. I agreed, away I go. All goes like a dream till I reverse the bottom to knock of the tenon and ......., dontcha hate that....

wheelinround
22nd August 2007, 10:15 AM
Nice piece Sabastian love the grain

shame about the tennon

A rescue
could you turn it down further down and hope it works????

Frank&Earnest
22nd August 2007, 01:04 PM
Nice piece Sabastian love the grain

shame about the tennon

A rescue
could you turn it down further down and hope it works????

Ditto, don't give up. You could even achieve a nice symmetry making the bottom piece as high as the top one. Let us know how you go!:)

OGYT
22nd August 2007, 02:11 PM
I feel yor pain, Sebastian... but I agree with the other two... can ya make a save somehow???
Really had a nice one goin'... heck, it's still nice... just sit it on the shelf... turn the nice side to the front.

Harry72
22nd August 2007, 09:41 PM
Nice piece, hope it turns out in the end!

thefixer
22nd August 2007, 10:05 PM
Was looking sooo good too. I hope there is a plan "B". Every dissapointment needs a good recovery. Sometimes they come out better than the original concept.

Cheers
Shorty

Sebastiaan56
23rd August 2007, 06:40 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the encouragement. Plan B, well the bottom copped a few dings and scratches as it played space shuttle across the shed. We will see. Of more concern is the crack I noticed last night on the lid. I thought this piece was dry.....

Dick11au
23rd August 2007, 10:12 PM
Bugga,Don,t you hate that,looked good to,i had 7 lace bobbins (camphor)break one after the other couple of days ago.
Back in the shed and try again
Good luck with plan B Dick

OGYT
24th August 2007, 05:09 AM
I don't care if there's no preservatives or fillers... McDonald's are still crap:tongueroll:

Hear! Hear! :D I agree.

Fox3
24th August 2007, 07:01 AM
"Never Give Up, Never Surrender!" --Galaxy Quest :D:2tsup:

Too good to toss, modify to suit!

reeves
24th August 2007, 08:28 AM
wow, shame but maybe u were taking that piece of camphor too thin mate, i have taken it pretty thin before but not that thin, its not a really strong wood...