PDA

View Full Version : Will this work????

journeyman Mick
30th August 2007, 10:56 AM
This isn't really a hi-fi question, but I figured this was the best place to post it. I have a 2 way radio to fit in my ute. It doesn't have an internal speaker. I was wondering if it would be possible to wire it to one of the existing stereo speakers. Could this possibly damage the output of either of the units? If so, is it possible to fit diodes or some form of fader? I could fit a seperate speaker, but there's very little room in the cab and it would be nice if I can avoid cluttering it further.

Thanks in advance,

Mick

wheelinround
30th August 2007, 11:30 AM
I have done this with a CB years ago no problem then but with new equipment and Electrics/computers it may pose a problem a simple solution could be use a small non powered computer speaker or set of about $10.

Ashore
30th August 2007, 01:22 PM
This isn't really a hi-fi question, but I figured this was the best place to post it. I have a 2 way radio to fit in my ute. It doesn't have an internal speaker. I was wondering if it would be possible to wire it to one of the existing stereo speakers. Could this possibly damage the output of either of the units? If so, is it possible to fit diodes or some form of fader? I could fit a seperate speaker, but there's very little room in the cab and it would be nice if I can avoid cluttering it further.

Thanks in advance,

Mick

wire it into a toggle switch into the speaker cable and mount this on the dash position 1 normal position 2 the 2 way radio :2tsup:

doug1
1st November 2007, 10:14 PM
Another way to do this is to buy a small speaker in a box and use that

similar to this one, CAT. NO. AS3185

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?FORM=KEYWORD