PDA

View Full Version : Slimline Pen Mechanisms

Tezza23
31st August 2007, 11:12 PM
Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone could advise me as to where I can buy slimeline pen mechanisms in bulk and at wholsale prices please.

lubbing5cherubs
31st August 2007, 11:14 PM
HI Tezza, I asked this same question yesterday. I have a freind on the board that has pmed me he may know of someone that may sell them in bulk. HE is in the process of finding out so shortly we might both know.
all the best
Toni

Tezza23
31st August 2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks for that Toni.

Have just started making pens, have only made 7 to date, mostly for my family so haven't sold any yet, but have become addicted to them. There must be a place that sells them wholesale as the woodturning stores such as carbatec, Timbercon etc, by them in bulk.

Hope to her soon

bdar
1st September 2007, 12:11 AM
Tezza I found that if you are loyal to a supplier they will look after you when you look at ordering 50 or 100 of a type of kit. I don't know how but I got an email from a Chinese mob about buying them in bulk. I can do that if I want but there is a pen supplier on the forum that sells them, but i am loyal to them, broke but loyal :U.

I will buy them from him. Even with the bulk buy the price was no cheaper than the supplier here in Australia. I could easily cut out the middle man but frankly by being loyal you get a discount and you dont have to worry about frieght into the country, import duties and any other problems associated in bringing stuff to Australia.

Paying postage is a small price for loyalty. But that is just my 2 cents worth

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st September 2007, 12:33 AM
Well... if you ever come across a supplier that'll sell me just the threaded brass tube insert/button finial assembly (sans clip) for the flat-top american kits, I'll have no problems placing a bulk order... :D

Until then , I guess I'll have to put up with all these half-complete kits. [sigh]

Penpal
1st September 2007, 10:32 AM
Send me a PM I may be able to assist.

Peter:2tsup:

Jim Carroll
1st September 2007, 10:37 AM
The question is what do you consider to be bulk.

We have people who think bulk is 20 pens then there is others who start at 100 pens and these are people who have built up a good reseller network.

To import pens you really need to be looking at 1000's not hundreds

As Darren said most resellers will give discounts for quantity to customers.
Stay loyal and support local australian businesses.

madmix
3rd September 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah I'll stick with the aussie sellers.
But if someone from overseas wants to send me something for nothing
I'll graciously accept.
Bow & exit gracefully

cheers Mick

Tezza23
5th September 2007, 10:45 PM
Never once spoke about importing, was looking for Aussie wholesaler. However I received some info from Jim Carrol and a couple of PMs so I think I have found my suppliers thanks