PDA

View Full Version : introduction

woolclasser
1st September 2007, 06:40 PM
Thought that I would introduce myself. I have been turning for 20 years,teaching lathe work for 10 years and just released a basic training dvd.
Jim

Simomatra
1st September 2007, 06:51 PM
Welcom to the forum Jim

Good to see you finally posting. I see you ended up posting pictures and all

Jim has been my mentor at the Ipswich woodworkers club and does a great job

For some reason Jim the pecture won't expand!!

Get A plug in for Q turn 07 Jim

wheelinround
1st September 2007, 06:53 PM
Welcome Jim/woolclasser

ticklingmedusa
1st September 2007, 07:01 PM
welcome

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st September 2007, 07:49 PM
Welcome to our nuthouse. :)

... and just released a basic training dvd.

OK, I'll bite. Available to general public?

woolclasser
1st September 2007, 08:01 PM
Sam, I don't know what I did wrong but I can't enlarge the picture either. still I'am a woodturner not a computer whizz.
Skew, yes it available to the public. As I said earlier it covers basic teckniques starting with the use of the tools, turning a tool handle,a scoop and a bowl and finishes with sharpening. It was done as an aid to help me teach and while it is not the most professionally done it achieves the objective of getting the point across to someone who is not sure of what was said .
Jim

echnidna
1st September 2007, 09:27 PM
Looks interesting turning in the thumbnail.

Put a link to your DVD in your sig line Jim.

hughie
1st September 2007, 10:12 PM
welcome aboard Jim, nothing like having the voice of experience to keep us on our wood turning toes.

Sebastiaan56
2nd September 2007, 06:10 AM
Hi Jim and welcome,

Please advise the availability of your DVD, Im sure that if enough of us keep on posting we will get the details out of you...... seriously welcome,

Sebastiaan

Hardenfast
2nd September 2007, 09:44 AM
Hi Jim. Good to see an Australian woodturning video out there. A basic training DVD would be quite useful for me. That's about where I'm at - still learning to use the various chisels properly, various and correct chucking techniques etc.

I look forward to your further posts.

Wayne

Simomatra
2nd September 2007, 01:31 PM
Jim
I think that you need to increase the size of your picture it is only thumbnail. Some more experienced persons maybe able to assist here

woolclasser
2nd September 2007, 05:25 PM
Hi everybody, Yes the dvd is available, I am not sure of the correct way of posting here and did not want to upset the applecart when i first posted. If you pm me I can let you know more details. I would like to repost the picture but don't know how can somebody please help.
Jim

Caveman
2nd September 2007, 05:35 PM
G'day Jim - welcome aboard!

weisyboy
2nd September 2007, 08:04 PM
i think i was talkinto you at the brookfield show.
have been thinking about coming over to the club and joining in.