PDA

View Full Version : update of template library?

Alex07
3rd September 2007, 08:52 PM
Hi all

I'm a new member here and find the site extremely good.

I have an Incra Pro 16 from several years ago, and also have the master template library. However, my old library only has templates for half blind dovetails, and has no info on through dovetails. Apparently newer libraries give details of stock thicknesses and bits for both through and half blind with several of the templates. Is there any way of getting some sort of update on which of the templates will do through dovetails (combined with type of bit and stock thickness), either on the web or otherwise?

Thanks in advance, Alex

martink
3rd September 2007, 10:58 PM
Hi all

I have an Incra Pro 16 from several years ago, and also have the master template library. However, my old library only has templates for half blind dovetails, and has no info on through dovetails. Apparently newer libraries give details of stock thicknesses and bits for both through and half blind with several of the templates. Is there any way of getting some sort of update on which of the templates will do through dovetails (combined with type of bit and stock thickness), either on the web or otherwise?

Thanks in advance, Alex

Hmm, not too sure what happened there, I've got a ultra and the master template guide it's got finger joints, thru and blind dovies of all sizes. As far as I'm aware, only the manuals for the jigs are on the incra web site, you have to buy a copy of the master template guide.

Ciao,

M.

Alex07
4th September 2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, Martin. Following your advice I checked the Incra web site for manuals etc, and found that i have an old edition (got it in 1993) of the template library, which does not include the reference guide for through and double-double dovetails. It's really not a problem as it is easy to use the fixed increment templates for simple through dovetails, provided I can keep track of whether the odds or evens are the centre cut (eg, the 3/8" fixed template will cut through dovetails in 1/2" timber using a 1/2" bit, but none of my DOV templates have a 3/8" increment). I have the projects and techniques book which has the double-double templates so I guess I am reasonably well kitted out.

Cheers, Alex

Sprog
4th September 2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Alex,

There is a template maker programme here that might be of some use for you.

http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/dovetail.html

Alex07
4th September 2007, 08:33 PM
Many thanks, Sprog. This looks like it could be very useful.

Cheers, Alex

jerry downey
21st March 2008, 06:01 AM
Hi
I am having trouble with the help section of the template maker program.
I get the message :
For more information, see Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) is no longer included with Windows (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=59782) on the Microsoft support website.
Is anyone able to help?:?

Thanks
Jerry

Gwhat
21st March 2008, 03:27 PM
Hi all

Thanks in advance, Alex

Just to let you know the 51 piece template library is available and is just a tad over $50 well worthwhile for any Incra system.

Regards

Grahame

Alex07
10th May 2008, 01:36 AM
Sorry, have been away for a while. Thanks all for the info, I will check it out ASAP and will get back as soon as I can. Cheers everyone

Regards, Alex07