PDA

View Full Version : Another Insulation Question

DNL
4th September 2007, 11:09 PM
I'm currently building my new shed - never done this before so it has been interesting sorting out all the pieces and making them fit. The shed will will 9m long x 6m wide - with another 6m long garaport on the front. :2tsup:

On ordering, I thought it would be a good idea to insulate the roof of the garage only. I've been supplied with the insulation and wire mesh to support it over the roof battens.

I was thinking that I will secure the mesh with cable ties along the top fascia - but then this may make the job of placing the electrical wiring in conduit inside the fascia channel a bugger later on.

Does anyone have any good suggestions as to how to secure the wire mesh to the fascia so it keeps taut and does not allow the insulation to sag.

cheers

DJ’s Timber
4th September 2007, 11:48 PM
Drill evenly spaced holes that match the wire in the top lip of the girt and feed each strand of wire thru and tie off.

May seem like a bugger of a job but once you get going it doesn't really take that long.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37238

If you need anymore ideas you can have a look thru my thread here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=41432) on my shed construction which is also a 9 x 6 or if you've got any ??? fire away

DNL
6th September 2007, 12:29 AM
Thanks DJ

I have 100mm C section as the top fascia so will probably drill holes as suggested. The only other way I can see around it is to rely on the screws that hold the roof sheeting to the fascia - but then this may leave sag.

Another idea I had was to tek a length of 20mm metal strap to the c section and then tie off onto that. It may be quicker than drilling all those holes.

Anyway, I'm yet to read the installation instructions for the insulation....I bet there will be a clue or two in that!!:doh:

cheers

DNL
4th November 2007, 11:07 PM
I spoke with the supplier - their installers tek screw on top of the C section and then use the screw to tie down the supporting wire. the tek is located closer to the inside edge so it does not foul the roof sheet.

Have done the job, it worked a treat! All wire up and insulation supported with no sagging.:2tsup: