PDA

View Full Version : Betcha never thought Id say this eh??

Wild Dingo
6th September 2007, 02:20 AM
BUT!! I have decided!!! :2tsup:

Well her bloody highness did :roll: before she left on Sunday she opened the Mike Waller (http://www.wallerdesign.com.au/) site and bought up the TC 670 catamaran... and as she walked past me she pointed at it and said "THAT would be nice dontcha think? maybe you can do something about it while Im gone?" I looked smiled then cracked up totally

Mikes designs had been on my sorta short list for some time now... but Id been looking at his 1480 design :doh: and watching with interest Scottys build of one of Mikes mono designs

So her mum wandered over and had a look "Well I cant see why you wouldnt build that one, you know Im trying to get dad to retire from Wings and that would be perfect for him"

EH???? retire from Wings? DAD?? comeon!! not likely... I thought... but talking to him over the weekend hes feeling his years now and with artyrightus settin in to his elbows hands and knees he reckons hes havin a few "issues" now and again with the sail on her (Wings is their 30ft cat based out of Darwin that they have spent 6 months of the year liveaboard for the past 24 years) and is giving "serious thoughts of getting something smaller about 20ft that I can trailer around instead of Wings" :o Now THAT was news to me!! I mean this bloke loves his boat!! And hes actually thinking of getting something smaller?? geezus!!

So in my usual way I asked what he intended to do with Wings if he found something "Oh Im not looking just thinking about it but Id probably sell her"

so I got to thinking about the comments of these three people yesty

And bought up the TC 670 and had a read... mmm... had a gander at the build pictures more mmmms...

Now this evening I had a short yarn with her highness as she takes a break from her retail therapy holiday and it seems mum is trying to get him to settle back down here and apparently she is quite interested in talking to him about helping me build the little fella and would talk to him about doing some sort of swap!! With privaliges of course... well hell the man did build Wings and has been her caretaker for all these years OF COURSE he can have privaliges!! even without helping me!

Anyway... I finally bit the bullet and used up my last plan buy option and so theyre on their way :2tsup:

Of course I still have to build another shed... move this house or move it to make it into a new shed and build another house and move us out of here while that house is being built... but I tell you what mates as ol Kev used to say IM BLOODY EXCITED!! :2tsup:

Actually shes a sweet little thing and if Wings doesnt come off then I dont think Id mind having her myself be a nice wee weekend sailor for an ol phart like me...

As I build the big buggar!! :U

Anyways there you go
Cheers
Shane

I have no more plan buy options left :C so all those other ones will just have to survive without me :; but thats okay Im cool with that... a name for this one? Already chosen by the missus and mum in law "Mini Wings" :2tsup:

NCArcher
6th September 2007, 02:40 AM
Well Dingo, not knowing what a TC670 was i had a bit of a gander at Mike Wallers site.

This is going to be one awesome WIP :2tsup:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/NCArcher/TC670h.jpg

Looking forward to the pics of construction. After you .... build another shed... move this house or move it to make it into a new shed and build another house and move us out of here while that house is being built.... of course.

jmk89
6th September 2007, 06:58 AM
Well done (and about time - and I've only been a member for 18 months or so!).:D :D

I am sure that you have made the right choice - there may be better boats, but this is the one that everyone who matters wants you to build and that is more important than anything.:2tsup:

This is going to be some WIP !:o

Wild Dingo
18th September 2007, 06:33 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEFLAMINHAAAAAAAA!! they lobbed up today!! :2tsup: :2tsup:

MAN OOOOH MAN talk about a FULL package!! 9 full and I mean chocker block full of info humungous sheets plus a building manual an addendum to the manual plus a materials list plus plus plus!! geeez I reckon even if a bloke had NO IDEA what they were doing they would just by reading the contents!! Amazing amount of detail :2tsup:

I dont think Ive found or bought a set of plans that has as much detail as these do and Ive had up to 90 sets from various sources around the world from deigners both living and dead and none absolutely none compare in the amount of info and detail given here :2tsup: Iain Oughtred comes close in his Grey Seal plans but not quite to the degree as Mike has

No worries... now to sort out somewhere to build it!! :doh: :U oooh the joys and journeys we do head blithely into :;

Boatmik
20th September 2007, 10:23 AM
haha,

One of the reasons NOT to get into the boatbuilding thing has been removed.

When do you have to deliver her boat?

MIK

(actually it is all rather exciting!!!!)

Wild Dingo
20th September 2007, 11:50 AM
Mik its a DISASTER!!! I tell yer mate its a total disaster :C

No fair dinkum its a disaster of great magnitude... seriously... well kinda :q

Nah its all good ...the inlaws bolt for the heat of the territory on the weekend so theyre gone for 6 months or so... trouble is during that 6 months her highness has decided she is going to take over part of the shed for...

STORAGE! :~

Yep since we (read "she" ) decided that this place has to come down one way or the other cause the new ubeaut house is going up RIGHT here and she has filled the 40ft seatainer to overflowing and now shes allowed me to set my machines on wheels so I can move them out of the way that there is now enough room in the shed to store the gear from this place while we move out :~ which was NOT the damned reason for the mobile bases!! :roll:

DAMNED WOMAN!! :~

So Im presently trying to sort out what tools are absolutely necessary for me to take with us whats managable in a rental place and what may be needed over the 12 months or so its gonna happen... just so she doesnt start packing things in there so damned tight I cant get in to get them out!

So... the only other way I can see to start the build now or anytime soon is to get the new shed NOW and start work before she realizes the amount of space that new area will have and begin filling it

But I tend to look at things from the postive side and well when its all said and done and the house is finished the new sheds up and everythings apples again... man its gonna be... GREAT!!!

mmmm but I really REALLY seriously do need to stay away from Glen L... did you know they have some really COOL boats in there!... I seem to be getting stuck on the Noyo Trawler again man Id love that boat for the fishing up north and down south... mmmm an its not a bad price... I mean it wont hurt really... its just one more... mmmm

NO STOPIT SHANE!! DONT TOUCH THE DAMNED BUTTON BOYOH!! :~

She said one more and youve got your one more! :2tsup: Now enough!! :~

but its not much... pretty cheep actually... an lookit the cargo hold I mean catch some fish or what!!!... an well its got that old timey look I like so much... mmmm drooooooooooollllllll

Mik theres no real time schedule on this... the FIL the other night reckoned he still has "a few years good sailing in me yet" and has no intention of stopping till hes "at least blasted 80 otherwise she will run me ragged" so that means Ive got about 4 years to build and get this baby in the water... if MIL had her way they would have sold Wings about 20 years ago... she gets pretty crook with the sea sickness even after 24 - 25 years as livaboards... so she reckons shes been more than patient "with his silly little fantasy" :D So now they have the new mac mansion overlooking the estuary down here Im pretty sure shes gonna be arcing up the "Come on darls I need to go home to do the garden to repaint yarda yarda yarda and your getting tired and theres your arthritis maybe its time we sold the boat? etc etc" and I think he will be able to hold out for a couple more years... well he reckons he has lasted 25 years now so a few more wont worry him!!

HA!!! Its great fun (note Im out of smilies... sigh)

Boatmik
20th September 2007, 06:11 PM
Shane - I think you are the only person on this forum that runs foul of the smiley quota.

Mik:doh:

Wild Dingo
20th September 2007, 09:25 PM
Shane - I think you are the only person on this forum that runs foul of the smiley quota.

Mik:doh:

Mik mate I more often than not have to cut and cull some of the poor wee buggars out before they get to see the light of day :C gotta admit they add a nice demension to a fellas (or sheilas :; ) post :2tsup: