PDA

View Full Version : my first segmented peice

weisyboy
6th September 2007, 11:57 AM
finished my first segmented peice today.

it only has 61 peices but it turned out ok.

recycled silky oak and pine.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54959&stc=1&d=1189040192

p.s. murphy has left me alone today.

wheelinround
6th September 2007, 12:13 PM
Muphy still hangin round weather his partner today

nice work :2tsup:

?? oh Wisen one how long did it take for you to form the shape with segments glue & drying time.

??? is there any reason you seem to double up on pics a large and small clickable one

weisyboy
6th September 2007, 12:19 PM
cant remember how long the glue up took as i strted it 2 years ago and just uncoverd it this morning.

i did the glue up a bit at a time when ever i had a spare minute. i made it using 1" x 1" peices in varying lengths just cut the ends atthe right angle and glued them together on the bench. (placing them on grease proof paper stops them sticking to the bench) glued the peices together and away i went.

wheelinround
6th September 2007, 12:31 PM
cant remember how long the glue up took as i strted it 2 years ago and just uncoverd it this morning.

i did the glue up a bit at a time when ever i had a spare minute. i made it using 1" x 1" peices in varying lengths just cut the ends atthe right angle and glued them together on the bench. (placing them on grease proof paper stops them sticking to the bench) glued the peices together and away i went.

thanks weisy

ss_11000
6th September 2007, 10:34 PM
:2tsup:. nice effort mate.

MY TURN
14th September 2007, 12:52 PM
Great, my first segmented turning had 16 pieces. It is not really the number of pcs but the final outcome... keep it up