PDA

View Full Version : The International Wood Collectors Society

hughie
6th September 2007, 10:46 PM
For all the turners especially Victorians
http://www.woodcollectors.org/meets-future.html#countries

The meeting is Nov14-17 at Neerim

Theres a fair bit of wood turning going with members of the IWCS.
http://www.woodcollectors.org/crafts.htm

Seems they meet all over the globe at various times.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
7th September 2007, 12:07 AM
There's a Society for people like us?

I shouldn't be surprised - after all there's AA and various drug rehab's... :rolleyes:

reeves
7th September 2007, 07:05 AM
yeah their last meeting was at Highfields/toowoomba about 20 K's from here last year. Interesting stuff and i got to talk to wood collectors from all over the world. I even got to pick up a piece of Siberian mulga! weird hard grey wood.

Vinna Manna in Melbourne is a member and has Australias largest collection of over 6000 species samples..there are members in most states

http://www.timberlinedesigns.com.au/pages/about_us.htm

Passion and Inspiration are the essential ingredients for the creative soul. Vince Manna has both in enormous quantities. With a strong desire for rare and exotic woods he has traveled the world, including the depths of the Amazon Jungle, in search of timbers of great beauty. His unique timber "sample-collection" contains over 6,000 species.

rsser
7th September 2007, 09:07 AM
.... should be a branch of counselling: wood addiction - Neuro-linguistic programming responses. Eg. 'My health and happiness are not dependent on going to the WWW show'. 'I am able to pop in and merely enjoy the demo's without buying wood'. 'I am ..... arrgghh!' ... failed again :B

reeves
7th September 2007, 09:40 AM
hha yes Ern, it's a definate diagnosis...u could also have

woodophilia - obsession with interacting with wood
woodorexia - loose weight when not near to yr wood collection
arborphobia (loss) - fear of wood or losing contact with wood
arboraddict - one who experiences anxiety, depression or withdrawl symptons when not in the presence of timber....

the cure, collect more wood, BTW yr box is pretty full, just gotta cut up some bluegum burl that am trying to squeeze in at present i rechecked the postage rates and i may be able to send 20 kg for 37 buck or a bit more..

feeding the addiction...---------->

rsser
7th September 2007, 11:00 AM
LOL.

I must be sick .. when I'm glad to hear my pusher has the stuff and don't care who knows about it :C

Thanks John!

RETIRED
7th September 2007, 11:49 AM
I could do with some woodorexia.:D

echnidna
7th September 2007, 11:57 AM
psst, wanna sniff some sawdust

rsser
8th September 2007, 12:06 PM
.... btw, how are you going without regular fixes Hughie?

hughie
8th September 2007, 01:12 PM
:U I am on a methawood program.....:U .......its not all that crash hot! :C they might double the dose

spend my time building all those extras I never had time for.If it takes too long prolly build a web site to boot.

Allan at Wallan
8th September 2007, 03:06 PM
I regularly go for a drive to the bush in the
Yarra Valley (my beginnings) and get to smell
the gum trees.

My wife says that if I have a life threatening
accident and need a blood transusion she will
tell the Doctor to give me eucalyptus instead.

Allan

I am not at all worried about dying
... but just hope I am not there at the time.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
8th September 2007, 04:37 PM
No, no! Use Maple Syrup instead! The real stuff... not this artificial watered-down pap.

That way, when we get around to having a BBQ at your place you can lay on the pancakes. Yum! :PANCAKES:

rsser
8th September 2007, 06:11 PM
Bar-b-queued Allan at Wallan? ;-}

Look out for yourself on the 16th Allan :D