PDA

View Full Version : Working With Wood Show Stash

Penpal
7th September 2007, 08:56 PM
:2tsup: Pic 1 Shows
Coastal Cyprus, Fiddleback Blackwood Tasmania,Hairy Oak Block Queensland,Dead Finish Northern Territory,Mulga,Dead Finish.Top Aussie Cedar figured these sitting on Camphor Laurel with vertical bands on the left side and fiddleback right hand side.

Pic 2 Shows
Camphor Laurel left,square left figured Brazilian Walnut,High figure Blackwood,Zebramo block,Black Heart Sassafras small block,Myrtle burl figured,Australian Cedar figured,lower Hairy Oak,Camphor Laurel.

Pic Shows
Left Strawberry Jam group of three,Three Conkerberry,bottom across Northern Territory dry hill figured Beefwood,High figure Blackwood.

Todays purchases for your viewing. Great show the winning pens prize for the ACT Wood Guild 300 dollars.

Take care Peter:2tsup: :2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
7th September 2007, 09:18 PM
Geeze, mate, nice scoop! You got both Conkaberry and Konkaberry I see. :D

Oh, yeah... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that Sandalwood? It's fake. :wink:

PenTurner
8th September 2007, 11:58 AM
Peter, what a great haul, looks beautiful. Amos:)

dai sensei
8th September 2007, 10:04 PM
Good score Peter. Those prices on the logs look very cheap, how big are they?

Penpal
9th September 2007, 12:02 AM
The logs were dirt cheap three about 6 inches long the rest about a foot long. Also at the show a dealer tells me he has dibs on some Conkerberry in the Northern Territory and some exciting species of outback timber I have never seen.Look forward to maintaining the contact however you have nothing until you can see and touch so I await in time revealed treasures.The logs were left from a number of the dealer from Nth NSW had so they being about 2 inches across plus probably only excited people like me.The dead finish is purple and red fire,all in all interesting.

Think I will make me a scale to put with stuff to photograph. Because of the drought Conkerberry trees are being eaten for food by stock so larger ones hard to find,I dream of 6 inch solid red fire colour,no harm in dreaming huh.

Regards Peter