PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Wood Show Gloat

Jim Carroll
10th September 2007, 09:45 PM
As usuall go the shows to sell our wares, allways buy a book of raffle tickets as a way of supporting the club with no expectation of winning.

Anyway it was a bit slow so wandered over to Chris Vesper to have a look at the new sliding bevels, we were chatting and heard in a muffled voice that the raffle was beign drawn, did not take any notice as we never win anything any way. Finished the chat with chris and thought better get back in case Irene had a stand full of customers.

Well got back to one very happy woman and she proudly announces we had won a prize in the raffle, I thought cool wonder what it could be.

We blow me down here comes half the local guild with the prizes. Turns out it was first prize and there was 6 items and a bottle of Jim Beam. I put my hand out straight away for the JB as I could see a couple of others eyeing it of.

We cheerily thanked one and all and had our photos taken.

I would also like to publicly thank the guild for the prizes and if this is going to be a regular thing we may go back again next year.

A Big thank you one and all you certainly made our weekend.:2tsup:

Also a big congratulations to all the winners of the competition held over the weekend there was a great collection of entries in all types of woodwork. It really goes to show that there is a lot of great talent in the backyard sheds around australia.

ss_11000
11th September 2007, 04:49 PM
congrats Jim, sounds like you had fun:)

echnidna
11th September 2007, 06:02 PM
Congrats Mr & Mrs Jim
couldn't go to nicer people

scooter
11th September 2007, 06:13 PM
Congrats Mr & Mrs Jim
couldn't go to nicer people

Amen to that

RufflyRustic
11th September 2007, 06:51 PM
Here Here :groupwave:

namtrak
11th September 2007, 07:07 PM
Congrats Jim,

I actually managed to call in the Woodworking Show (my first one) and aside from not seeing any caps or foilies, I did drop into both yours and Chris's stalls.

Some of the work in the gallery was very schmicko, but at the end of the day I walked out empty handed but happy.

Cheers

Groggy
12th September 2007, 07:04 PM
Great to see you have a win Jim :2tsup: