PDA

View Full Version : Why the need

Hickory
11th September 2007, 03:43 PM
You know?.... I are not a Wood Woman but it seems to me that this segment of the total forum is devoted to Women who are into wwing... Great, I see no reason why not.... but all I see is accolades for gals who want o say something but never do I see where anyone says anything. No, I are not a gal but I are observant and wondering why Iffin' this is a chunk set aside for female conversing, why don't folks talk about WWing and not about "so glad we got this segment" sort of blabber.... Either say something or not.... MHO

Personally, I don't see why there seems to be a need for "Female" forum as I feel a WWer os a WWer and the gender is not important. MHO, Love you all and don't wish to alienate anyone.

robynmau
11th September 2007, 04:01 PM
Hi there

I am a woman, I am also a woodturner and I like this segment because I'm interested in what projects some of the other ladies out there are geting up too:q With the rest of this fantastic forum being divided into fields of interest, every opportunity I get I go and check out the woodturners sections as well as this section, but don't have the time to check on furniture making, boat building etc. These are things I can find out about here :!:!

I'm not particularly active in contributing to either of my fields of interest at the moment but I like to lurk and will continue to do so:;

Have a great one

Cheers

Robyn

RufflyRustic
11th September 2007, 06:58 PM
Hi Hickory,

As Robynmau said, it is a way for us Women Woodworkers to find each other. It can actually be very difficult to find us sometimes - errrr and not everyone is as obvious as I am :rolleyes::-

We are also not as vocal as others, but to be honest, I think that's because we are all so busy doing a lot of other activities as well as our woodwork and forum involvement. (Qualification - We women woodworkers are not the only ones who are busy though.)

cheers for now
Wendy

astrid
4th October 2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the thought but I've been posting on the finishing segment and rarely feel patronised or unable to communicate.
other posters mainly take me seriosly and offer good advise.
They also treat my suggestions with respect.
My sister sugested that they were imagining a statuesque swed with blond plaits on the other end, they wernt were they?:U

astrid

johnc
4th October 2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the thought but I've been posting on the finishing segment and rarely feel patronised or unable to communicate.
other posters mainly take me seriosly and offer good advise.
They also treat my suggestions with respect.
My sister sugested that they were imagining a statuesque swed with blond plaits on the other end, they wernt were they?:U

astrid

Arn't you? surely with a name like Astrid what other option is there.

John.:wink:

s_m
11th October 2007, 11:36 PM
Personally, I don't see why there seems to be a need for "Female" forum as I feel a WWer os a WWer and the gender is not important.

Well if you don't like this section then b*gger off and leave us to mind our own business! :~

MHO, Love you all and don't wish to alienate anyone.

Hehe well that worked well didn't it!? :D

I'm not even going to bother responding to your first paragraph because it's obviously the work of someone who hasn't bothered to look at the posts about some of the great work women have contributed and that's just in the last 6m since I moved over from restoration to "real" woodwork.

Anyways I have another post to write about some ACTUAL woodwork I have been doing. Seeya!

Steph

astrid
14th October 2007, 10:11 AM
sorry, i take back my previous comment,

nuff said

astrid

Wild Dingo
14th October 2007, 07:36 PM
Dont worry Hickory ol son... just do a quick wee search and you'll find that a few of us ol pharts have had our say on this section since it began (note I was one of the first to raise the ire of young Wendy! :; )

Now if the sheilas will just shut up for a bit I will get a few words in and help you out okay? flamin sheilas tend to confuse blokes and I can see your confused mate... but then your a yank and so thats probably a permenant state of mind for you but hey Im a good Aussie bloke and as such I'll help you out... if the damned sheilas will just shut up for a few ticks :mad:

Thanks girls :;

Sufficed to say... the good thing is it keeps the sheilas in their box! :U gawd did I just say that? :doh:

What I meant to say is... its a good thing cause it means they can go to their own corner an sook when we fellas give em curry... which we must from time to time simply cause theyre sheilas... its our duty... so they come here to hide and lick their wounds :q

Brother Im goin for broke here!! :U :U

Nah seriously... I reckon NOW that its a good thing for the girls to have their own sandbox an area just for them where we blokes can wander in an give em a tap on the head a tickle under the chin and its all good

strewth I did that well didnt I? I mean you a good ol fashioned Aussie to Yank serving then got condescention mixed with shovenism muddled with male domination in a female area mixed up with knowing some sheilas gonna blow her gasket and get her nickers in a twist and fire ten guns at me... aah lifes good aint it! :U :2tsup:

astrid
14th October 2007, 08:39 PM
any of you women want some olive wood to turn ?
if you didnt check the timbers post, thank dingo for reminding me:U:U
astrid