PDA

View Full Version : My new router table!

Roll Tide
14th September 2007, 07:35 AM
I built myself a new router table on my table saw. My shop isn't that big so space is an issue. I really didn't want a dedicated table for the router that would take up more space and have to be moved around. So, I did some looking around on the net, found some plans and went at it. The main problem I had was the laminate chipped when I was cutting the dado for the mitre. Other than it seems to be fine. In the fence is an insert that I can replace with different size openings. As you can see I haven't had to use this one yet. I just wanted to share.

Thanks,
Steve

munruben
14th September 2007, 08:37 AM
Nice work, I particularly like the storage for the router bits. well done.:2tsup:

dennford
14th September 2007, 09:26 AM
I particularly like the storage for the router bits. well done.:2tsup:

Yeh, that's neat.

Denn

K_S
14th September 2007, 04:36 PM
Well done Steve:2tsup:

Storeage idea a winner

Chris Parks
17th September 2007, 02:04 PM
The fence storage idea is great, now for a bit of advice. The router bit shafts will rust quickly if embedded in timber due to moisture. Get a PTFE bread board and utilise that instead. How did you think of the storage, something you had seen elsewhere?

Roll Tide
20th September 2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for all the comments! I was quite pleased with the outcome.

Mini..... I ordered the plans from plansnow.com. I was wanting a new router table but I knew it would take up more room. Then I stumbled across plansnow.com after doing some google searches for router table plans. I couldn't find any phenolic material for the router insert so I glue up two pieces of 3/16" hardboard. So far it works great.

Thanks Y'all,
Steve

Zarguld
16th January 2008, 02:18 AM
Love the bit holder in the fence good thinking with that one :2tsup:

artme
16th January 2008, 08:43 PM
A good result and the bit storage is a neat idea.:2tsup::2tsup: You might want to seal the mitre slot with CA to prevent moisture incursion.