PDA

View Full Version : lathe dealers brisbane

weisyboy
14th September 2007, 03:14 PM
dose anyone know of any woodurning supplies/machinery dealers in brisbane that sell lathes and the like. apart from gregory, and woodturning supplies at the gap.

WillyInBris
14th September 2007, 03:33 PM
What is your price range and what are you looking for?, many have the standard MC1100 etc, depends what your looking for really.

Willy

ss_11000
14th September 2007, 04:29 PM
GPW (http://gpwoodturning.yahoostore.com.au/)

hooppine
14th September 2007, 04:51 PM
Carba-Tec has a place at Harries Road Coorparoo which you can look up on the internet. I get a lot of my stuff there and at GPW on the coast when my wife goes shopping at Harbour Town

Larry H

DoctorBobski
14th September 2007, 05:34 PM
Don't forget Vermec at Redcliffe for the Omega (and others)

petersemple
14th September 2007, 05:39 PM
Hare and Forbes
There is a place at Springeood but I can't remember the name (Queensland woodwork supplies or something

Peter

TTIT
15th September 2007, 12:13 AM
There is a place at Springeood but I can't remember the name (Queensland woodwork supplies or something

PeterYep - Dave Drescher - Queensland Woodworking Supplies - Randall St, Slacks Ck. Looks after us out here in the bush pretty good. He just got in a new model lathe from China that could be worth a look and chicmarc chucks for $150.

reeves
16th September 2007, 04:36 PM
chicmarc chucks for $150.

i got one of these a few weeks back from Ken at Toowoomba woodworks, good value, 160 including insert, whihc he has made locally nice and precise.

The chucks are a Vm100 copy , i tested it by changing the same shark jaws between it and a VM100 and the chinese one was definatley a little looser and rattled a touch more, possibly a problem on smaller work but no probs on larger stuff, all in all the cheapo chinese chuck works fine and is good value...

Dave stocks mainly Jet lathes and i think maybe Deltas, he a top turner so is good value to talk to..

Carbatec in Cooparoo a s mentioned is the main showroom droolfest in town, their own name brands of MC900-1100 and the variable speed one, Hafco's are the same machine but a touch cheaper, Carbatec also stocks the big Vicmarcs, Deltas and the cool looking Beaver lathes like Bobs got,a VM designed Chinese made one, Carbatec is a bit slim on advice and talk, sometimes the spare parts guy can be handy to talk about the actual machines.

Toowoomba Woodworks, Ken Duncan stocks various competing brands and is ultra helpful with advice etc..

Cliff Rogers
16th September 2007, 10:04 PM
Gary Pye or Dave Dresher, both top blokes & good sound operators.

Carbatec in Brisbane are also good to deal with.

Also have a look at what Enzo at Vermec has to offer here (http://www.vermec.com/).