PDA

View Full Version : Timber window prices wanted

dan774
1st October 2003, 10:06 PM
Hi all i know Im being lazy but I was wondering if anybody has checked out prices for timber windows in Melbourne. If so could you recommend anyone who offer a quality product at a reasonable price.

Sir Stinkalot
2nd October 2003, 10:19 AM
We just received a quote for 22 timber double glazed windows from Stegbar - $38,000.

What size, type etc do you want?

Just try some of the larger manufacturers but you will need to tell them what you want.

ChrisH
4th October 2003, 01:41 AM
Hi Stinky

I notice you are in Geelong.

Have you tried Mouldright Joinery in Geelong? (I think Breakwater??)
I was very impressed with their windows when I looked around, they do double glazed, in Cedar or LOSP-treated Araucaria Pine.
They were much cheaper than Stegbar and I reckon looked a better product.
I ended up making my own, though.

Check 'em out.

Chris.

Sir Stinkalot
4th October 2003, 01:28 PM
Hi Chris,

Fortunatley the windows are not for me ..... its for a job that we are doing at Mt Buller ... its a new floor on a ski lodge. I am sure others will find you information useful however.

Stinky.

Theva
5th October 2003, 12:03 PM
I had the pleasure of buying stuff from Stegbar (NSW) for my own place. Their product is good but take care when installing - WRC is pretty soft.

On time delivery is not their strongest point.

Prices - Depends on window sizes, type of glass. AND the discount they are prepared to give you. No discount on glass prices.

You can checkout the prices at their website:

Stegbar timber window prices (http://www.stegbar.com.au/products/windows_and_doors/timber/sliding_windows/pricing.html)

Regards,

Theva