PDA

View Full Version : a comprehensive site for dust collection

hughie
18th September 2007, 07:26 PM
I found this site and it has IMHO a great deal of info on dust collection and a good 'how to' section for a cyclone dust removal set up

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/Cyclone/BudBlower.cfm

Cliff Rogers
18th September 2007, 10:18 PM
Has been mentioned once or twice before Hughie, but, it doens't hurt to mention it again incase somebody missed it. :)

Bill is a member here & pops in from time to time. :2tsup:

Caveman
18th September 2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks Hughie - interesting site - I guess I must have missed it.

Cliff Rogers
18th September 2007, 11:33 PM
Just about all the WWF good threads in the 'Best of' mention it.
Have you had a look at the 'Best of WWF' (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=16776) section under Dust Collection?

NeilS
18th September 2007, 11:34 PM
Yes, Hughie, an excellent resource on the topic. I built a cyclone to Bill Pentz's design last year and it has been working 1st rate. After about 30 wheelie bins of mixed shavings and fine dust I would have no more than two handfuls of 'dust' that has come through to the drop bag below the filter...and most of that was as a result of me not noticing on one occasion that the wheelie bin was chockers and, as a result, the cyclone filled to overflowing :doh:).

Being an asthmatic I need to keep the dust to a minimum in my workshop, so I'm very appreciative of all the work that Bill put into his research, design and very compreshensive website.

Neil

PS - perhaps this thread belongs in the Safety Forum?

Caveman
19th September 2007, 01:01 AM
:-:B thanks Cliff - must make more use of that - have been rather blinkered and confined to the woodturning section so far.

hughie
19th September 2007, 04:26 PM
Has been mentioned once or twice before Hughie, but, it doens't hurt to mention it again incase somebody missed it. :)

Cliff,
I must have been asleep..........:C

rsser
19th September 2007, 05:27 PM
The big challenge for turners is of course at the input end.

How about a competition for the most 'Heath Robinson' collector? Pics essential. The prize is the most greenies :p

Cliff Rogers
19th September 2007, 08:43 PM
Any turner with a beard has the best collector, all you need to do is wave the suction hose over it every now & then. :D

rsser
19th September 2007, 09:12 PM
True.

Works fine as long as you're not open-mouthed over a nice bit of wood or over a 1st-grade cock-up.

Then it's 'spit, ptui, cough' and damn. ;-}

hughie
20th September 2007, 08:12 AM
Any turner with a beard has the best collector, all you need to do is wave the suction hose over it every now & then. :D

Then it's 'spit, ptui, cough' and damn. ;-}

ya just gotta learn to breath out only :U:D:U

ticklingmedusa
20th September 2007, 03:17 PM

:D:2tsup::D